Chapter 1: Priorities

Prioritize yourself because noone will do it for you!

Priorities are a huge part of our life. It kind of creates a hierarchy among the things that compose our everyday life. It's certainly a line we need to cross in order to decide which responsibility comes first, what things to delegate first and which are the things that matter the most to us. And believe when I say they vary. For some of us an exquisite career is a must. For others loved ones, family, friends, sexual relationships and health are top on the list. There are many other things that count as someone's priorities too. Generally, we could list them into two categories. The first one would be material related things. The second one would focus on intangible things.

Overall priorities are built from a very young age. There are many factors that determine our preferations and our will to put them as first in the pyramid of life. Family, school and friends are only a few examples of influencing factors during childhood and puberty. Media and especially social media are also mega factors the last few years molding the trends, the do's and don't's of the society. We generally tend to carry on the priorities given us from those external sources entering the adult life. But how priorities look like in your 20s?

For me, it's a daily battle with yourself. You want to do everything right. You don't want to disappoint anyone, you try to figure out what's wrong and right. By the moment you realise it, your priorities are battling with your boundaries. At first, you make an effort to catch up with everything. As a result, you get overloaded with stuff and you end up getting burnt out and not able to fullfill this huge multitask you've put yourself into. Then, you start to consider things differently. You start to think about priorities. This is where the real stuff comes out...Juggling between changing perspective and being considered as selfish or staying as you are and jeopardizing your entire life. And I do say jeopardize because your twenties is a very important period of time for you to decide the person you want to be in the future and initiate working on it in order to get it. By trying to turn each and every bit of your life into your number one priority you get exhausted and unsatisfied.

Although that is said easily, "heavy is the head that wears the crown". Meaning that the process itself demands constant effort and time and is far from easy. You have to search deep inside your soul and find what is most important to you. It's also a necessity to defend your priorities daily, seeing people letting go of your life because of that particular choice and believe that change is actually good.

This is what will diversify us in the end from the versions of our younger selfs. The capability to build steadily a life that will characterise our inner world. A lot of people will get hurt. You will get hurt because it's all part of the process. But at the end of the day it's you and yourself who will have to deal with every single one of the choices you make. So make yourself and priority and believe fondly that this will pay off. Let go of the guilt and the social conformity by reminding yourself that it's your life we talk about and no one else knows better your needs and prospects.

After all, priorities change all the time. By making for example your career as a priority in a particular period of time doesn't mean it will always be like that. It can stay still as well as it can change. You decide. You decide everyday what matters to you most. From the little things concerning your daily habits e.g to life changing decisions refering to the place you're willing to work, the country you want to live in etc. However, when deciding always remind yourself that the most important things in life don't have to do with matter and income. Take a look inside your heart and honor yourself with your choices. Be truthful and persistent.

It's you versus you. You decide what matters. You decide how far you go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take care! 🌸✨
I'd love to hear from you through comments and messages. All interaction methods accepted and well respected.

Till next time,
Bisous 💋