Chapter 2: Flight of Falcons

Upon leaving the library, Noah began the long walk to where the Falcons are kept to feed his Harris hawk, Thalor, before making his way to his first period class of raptor care and nutrition. Once Noah finally made it to the class the teacher, Mr Moon-Shadow, had already started the register, He gave Noah a slight glance, implying that he was late,which he was before Noah promptly went to his seat placed Thalor on his perch and got out his pencil case and leather bound notebook. ''Now.'' said Mr Moon-Shadow as he stood up from his seat, Mr Moon-Shadow wasn't your average teacher, his lessons where in-depth and better than most, His practical sessions where hands on, his field trips took place at the best Falconry veterinary sites in all of Eldoria and his guest speakers where the best Falconers and veterinarians in all of the land. Not to mention he keeps his classes on their toes, Mr Moon-Shadow often kept his classes guessing about what he would say next, as for how he looked he had bushy brown hair with hazel eyes and a royal blue silk coat that had a slight shimmer too it. '' As you will be aware'' Mr Moon-Shadow continued, '' Your Enchantment papers will be coming up at the end of this year.'' This was met by the groans of a class full of 15 and 16 year olds and the squawks of the amount of birds that could easily become a colony, '' Now, Now, settle down 3rd years!'' Mr Moon-Shadow hurriedly calmed down Noah's class '' Alright, who can tell me The dietary requirements for a bird aged 3 to 6 months? Yes, Penelope?'' called Mr Moon-Shadow '' 100 to 200 grams of chicken, seafood and other supplements.'' replied Penelope, an Introverted girl in Noah's year. '' Very Good, Penelope! Now, Who can Tell me The Scientific name of the largest bird in the world, the Andean Condor?'' Noah's hand shot up, ''yes Noah!'' Mr Moon-Shadow said '' Vultur Gryphus'' Noah replied Quickly. ''Very Good Noah, I'm Impressed!'' Informed a stunned Mr Moon-Shadow.

After the Bell rang to signal the end of the days classes Noah sped up his dorm room where he started on the days mountain of homework, first was Falcone from Miss Hollow, than Falcone sciences from Mrs Dark-Wood  followed by Regular science from Mr English-Bark, Falcone geographer from Mx Cedric and Raptor care and nutrition from Mr Moon-Shadow. All before Noah could go hang out with Thalor, His beloved hawk, or do some stargazing in the dorm quad. Noah sighed knowing this homework expedition would be a tough and draining expedition, but once completed the summit of freedom would have never looked so stunning. Knowing the challenge at hand Noah cracked his back, picked up a pencil from the pencil pot Micheal had sent him the year prior, lit a cinnamon and ginger smelling candle before begin the hours long trek of homework mountain.

At 5:47 PM Noah had finally finished his seemingly endless mound of homework. Now free he set to go to the academy's bird cages, for hanging out and training with Thalor was Noah's Medicine and knowing that if he didn't train Dailey, that wouldn't be a chance within all the rain in the clouds and the starts in the sky that he would become a Falconer of any shape or form. Once Noah had arrived at The Academy's Bird cages, he hurriedly put on his Stretton, which was filled with training equipment such as anklets, Jesses, bewits, swivels and more, as well as this a small container full of strips of raw chicken, as it would be the only way for Thalor to co-operate with Noah.

Finally after what felt like forever, Noah got to training his trusty Harris Hawk, Thalor, swiftly and easily. Noah Gave his commands clearly and without hesitation as Thalor glided through the evening air like nothing bothered him. To Noah this was a clear sine that he was becoming a better trainer and Falconer.

Noah trained for a good Hour and a bit before he placed Thalor  back in his cage and left him with some food, before Noah washed his hands and went to the Eagles dining area to get his dinner of Vegetarian Lasagna and Garlic bread, before heading back up to his dorm room going through his homework one last time and fell asleep just as Noah's head his pillow, going over the days events within the academy in his head. 

Little did Noah know this was only the beginning of a chain of very bad things that would happen to him, no one did as the Academy slept soundly a monster drifted through the night and straight into Noah's Family home.

End of chapter 2:Flight of falcons.