CHAPTER 9

The morning sun streamed through Chloe's window as she stretched and yawned, feeling a mix of excitement and anxiety. Today was the day she'd be house hunting with Jobe, She had been staying with the Bellingham and she decided to get her own place now. He had offered to help her find a place close enough to the Bellingham house, and now that he was in town, they had decided to get started.

Jobe welcomed her, flashing his usual cheeky grin as she slid into the passenger seat of his car. "Ready to find your new place, Clo?" he asked,  making her smile.

She chuckled, "As ready as I'll ever be. Let's do this!"

House Hunting

They spent the next few hours driving around different neighbourhoods, checking out potential homes. Jobe was surprisingly helpful, pointing out things Chloe hadn't even considered—like the proximity to a good coffee shop or how quiet a street was at night. They laughed together as they toured houses, making jokes about which rooms would be best for parties or which kitchen would suit her terrible cooking skills.

After what felt like the tenth house, they pulled up to a charming, modern house just a 30-minute drive from the Bellingham residence. It had a spacious garden, a bright kitchen, and large windows that filled the rooms with natural light. As they walked through it, Chloe could already see herself living there.

"I think this is the one," she said, her eyes sparkling.

Jobe smiled, "Yeah? It's got a good vibe. And not too far from me and the family. You'd be close enough for the match days and Sunday roasts."

Chloe laughed, "That's a big selling point, actually. I'd never say no to one of Denise's roast dinners."

They sealed the deal quickly, and as they left, Chloe turned to Jobe and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, Jobe. I couldn't have done this without you."

He grinned. "Ah, it was nothin'. Just happy you found somewhere that feels like home."

Later that afternoon, Chloe decided to meet up with Kylian for a chat. They chose a quiet spot in a park, where they could speak without any distractions.

Kylian arrived a little late, looking somewhat hesitant. "Hey, sis," he greeted with a small smile, sitting down beside her.

"Hey," Chloe replied, trying to keep things light despite the tension she felt in her chest.

They talked for a while about nothing in particular—the latest games, mutual friends, and even Kylian's current obsession with some video games. But Chloe could tell he was dodging the main issue.

She decided to dive in. "Kylian, we need to talk about your mum."

Kylian sighed heavily. "I know. Look, I'm sorry for everything she said... It's just... she has her reasons, I guess."

Chloe frowned. "Reasons? What reasons could possibly justify treating me like this?"

He looked pained. "I don't think she hates you, Chloe. I think she's scared... of losing me, of losing our family bond... She doesn't handle change well, and I think she sees you as a threat to that."

Chloe nodded slowly. "I get it, Kylian. But it's still not fair. I'm not trying to replace anyone. I just want to know where I come from, to understand my own story."

Kylian reached out and squeezed her hand. "I know, and I'm here for you. Just... promise me we'll stay close, even if she keeps being difficult."

Chloe smiled softly. "Of course. As long as she doesn't keep coming after me, I think we can make this work."

They sat in silence for a moment, the tension between them easing. Kylian finally broke the silence, grinning mischievously. "So... new house, huh? I better get an invite to the housewarming party!"

Chloe laughed, "Oh, don't worry. You're at the top of the list."

The Housewarming Party

A week later, Chloe had finally settled into her new home and was ready to celebrate. The housewarming party was in full swing, with her teammates, friends like Leah and Claudia, Jude, Vini, and Jobe all gathered in her living room.

The atmosphere was lively, and the energy was high. Chloe had even managed to invite Neymar, and to her surprise, he showed up with Messi and Antonella in tow. Neymar and her immediately started bickering like siblings.

"You've been slacking off in training, Chloe!" Neymar teased, poking her in the ribs.

"Slacking off? Says the guy who spends more time on TikTok than on the pitch!" Chloe shot back, grinning.

Antonella laughed, "Guys, calm down! This is a party, not a playground."

Jude shook his head, amused. "I feel like we've invited the whole Brazilian squad!"

Neymar winked, "Hey, we bring the party wherever we go, right?"

As the evening went on, the music got louder, and the drinks flowed. Chloe was happy to see everyone having such a great time, even though the playful arguments between Neymar and her continued. At one point, Neymar put his arm around Chloe's shoulder and whispered, "You know, these parties were way more fun in Paris..."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. You just miss being the centre of attention."

Neymar laughed, "Guilty as charged!"

As the night wore on, someone suggested playing Truth or Dare, and everyone quickly agreed. Claudia grabbed a bottle and spun it on the coffee table. After a few rounds it stopped, pointing right at Chloe.

Leah grinned. "Truth or dare, Chloe?"

Chloe took a sip of her drink, feeling bold. "Dare."

Leah's eyes sparkled with mischief. "Alright, I dare you to... sit on Jobe's lap and make out with him for a full minute!"

The room erupted into cheers and laughter. Jobe's face turned a shade of red, but he grinned playfully. "What do you say, Chloe? Up for it?" Ney commented

Chloe laughed, feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement. "Oh, you guys are terrible!"

But she stood up, walked over to Jobe, and plopped down on his lap. The room went silent for a second, and then Chloe leaned in, pressing her lips to his. The cheers got louder, and she could feel Jobe smiling against her lips. His arms instinctively wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer.

The kiss deepened, and Chloe could feel her heart racing. For a moment, everything else disappeared—the noise, the teasing, the worries. It was just the two of them, caught up in the heat of the moment.

When they finally pulled apart, the room erupted with applause and cheers.

Jobe, still holding her, whispered, "Well, that was somethin'."

Chloe grinned, feeling her cheeks flush. "Yeah... it was."

As the night came to an end, some people decided to leave, while others, too tired or a bit too tipsy, chose to crash at Chloe's place. Chloe, Neymar, and Messi were still teasing each other, while Jude and some of Chloe's teammates were sprawled out on the couches.

Chloe and Jobe were sitting outside on the porch, watching the stars. He nudged her playfully, "So... you're not gonna regret that kiss, are you?"

Chloe chuckled, "Not at all. Maybe we should give them something real to talk about next time."

Jobe laughed. "Hey, I'm game if you are."

They sat in comfortable silence for a few more moments, just enjoying each other's company. Chloe couldn't help but feel like everything was finally falling into place. She had her friends, a new home, and maybe, just maybe, a new chapter with Jobe.

As the night grew quieter, Chloe smiled to herself, knowing this was just the beginning of something truly special.

Authors Note: Hey there!

Thanks for reading! If you liked it, drop a comment, hit that like button, and share it with your friends. Your support means everything! 

Cheers,​