Get Loose!! - Act 3

Dun...

Jason: Ha- Ha.. Ha? I- I DID IT! I MANAGED A DRAG THAT FAR!

HELL YEAAAHHH!!

YAN- YAN DID YOU.. see that?

Yan?

Yan!

I look forward, nothing but the deafening silence of a white void.

.. No.

No!

That's- We got over the bridge, I'm sure of it! That was all real- It was, right?

. . .

Right?

. . .

I know it was I promise-

. . . . . .

I-

Something was different, no, more like things went back to the way they were.

My arm, my hand, my scrape were all completely healed. It's as if nothing ever happened.

The familiar weight of the medallion and scythe in my pocket driving a spike of anxiety into my heart.

And yet, as much as I wanted to scream out into the clear null abyss, I could only drop to my knees.

... That's not.

Fair.

where am I.

where are you, Yan?

I get it.

Even if it was for a day, it was way too good for someone like me.

I'm back in another empty space.

Maybe, the afterlife was much more sadistic than I could've ever imagined. Giving a damned soul some hope, then snatching it away just to see the look on their face.

I really don't wanna be alone again.

God. I promise you, whoever you are, if you just let me go back! I've seriously changed, I can do way better this time!

. . .

I'm begging you here, stuck on my hands and knees, I'm begging to let me go back! I'll- Play whatever game you want, I won't try to escape again! Just, let me go back.

. . .

I WANNA LIVE!

. . .

I WANNA LIVE GOD DAMN YOU!

PLEASE!

ISN'T GOD SUPPOSED TO BE MERCIFUL TO THOSE WHO REPENT?!

I'M SORRY. I'M SORRY I WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON! IF I COULD GO BACK FROM THE START I WOULD- I'D BE SOMEONE WORTH SOMETHING!

His healed hands slowly fell onto his skin. Steadily, each finger began to carve back the same exhausted face he regained. Willingly clawing each digit into his cheeks as a torrent of tears now flowed with his blood.

Through the heated lens of the young man appeared nothing. Akin to assumed afterlife, the abyss was befitted in vapid scenery, with colorless plains of nonexistent patterns that baffled him, and drove his fists to bash the floor.

Scarring the vast sea of white lay an insignificant spread of crimson.

A single dot,

pressed firmly onto an infinite canvas.