Just Friends

Lexi's POV

I saw Buddy turn to leave. No, I can't hurt him like that! What he said took me by surprise, but I can't break his heart to pieces. I just met him! I sighed. "Buddy, wait. Please. Stay with me for a little while." Buddy turned to look back at me. "Lexi, look, I-" I cut him off. With a kiss.

Buddy's POV

"Lexi, look, I-" I was interrupted by Lexi's lips crashing onto mine.  We kissed. Oh my gosh. She kissed me. SHE kissed ME. Maybe I didn't screw this up after all...

"This can't happen." Lexi said as she broke the kiss. "Why not?" I asked her. "Because, it-it just can't. We're friends. I don't want to ruin that." I sighed, realizing that she was probably right. "Okay, I understand that, and I respect it. I don't want to mess up our friendship either." I told Lexi. She smiled at me and said, "Great! So, friends?" "Friends." I replied, holding back tears as my heart broke into a million pieces. 

The bell finally rang at the end of the day. I ran to my locker then out to my car. I met up with Kurt and my other friend Freddy. Don't tell Freddy this, but I considered Kurt to be my best friend. Freddy was just a good friend who was really fun to hang out with, but he was obsessed with picking up girls. He thought he was my bestie, not Kurt. Anyway, Kurt, Freddy, and I met up at my car and I drove us to the local pizzeria. That was our everyday hangout. On the way there, I explained to my friends what happened with Lexi.

Lexi's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about Buddy the whole rest of the day. I was so relieved when the bell finally rang at the end of the day. I couldn't focus on school any longer. I walked out to my car and drove straight home. I spotted a pizza place that looked good. I wanted to stop by after school and try it, but my mom and I already had dinner plans that night. We were new in town, so we wanted to check everything out. That night, my mom and I decided to try a local Chinese restaurant. I would have been excited, but I couldn't get Buddy off my mind. I still couldn't believe he Mosbied me. And it almost worked! I was glad I had the nerve to prevent having a relationship with Buddy. He was my friend, and I wanted to keep it that way.