~ WISH UPON A STAR ~

Promt: On what feels like a forgotten birthday, Junkyu is surprised with an unforgettable night of love, laughter, and heartfelt memories from those who mean the most to him.
~⋆.˚🦋༘⋆~

The morning sun peeked through the curtains, casting a soft glow over the room. Junkyu stirred in bed, his eyes fluttering open. He reached out for Jihoon, only to find the other side of the bed empty. Strange. Jihoon usually stayed in bed a bit longer on their days off.

"Kyu, breakfast is ready," Jihoon's voice called from the kitchen.

Junkyu smiled, the sound of Jihoon's voice always enough to brighten his day. But as he shuffled to the kitchen, he remembered something...yes..it was his birthday. He had been excited to spend it with Jihoon and their friends, but so far, not a single mention of it. Not even a "Happy Birthday" from Jihoon. Junkyu's heart sank a little.

"Morning, Ji," Junkyu greeted, leaning in for a quick kiss. Jihoon returned it casually, turning back to the stove.

"Morning, Kyu. Sleep well?"

"Yeah...' Junkyu's voice trailed off, waiting for some sort of recognition. But all Jihoon did was place a plate of pancakes in front of him.

"You've got plans today" Jihoon asked nonchalantly as he sat across from Junkyu, nibbling on his own breakfast.

Junkyu blinked, feeling a little disappointed. He swallowed his feelings and forced a smile. "I don't think so...We can go somewhere maybe?"

"I've got some things to do today, so maybe we can hang out later."

Junkyu's heart sank even more. Not only did Jihoon seem to forget his birthday, but now he was busy. He quietly poked at his pancakes, trying not to let the disappointment show.
Did he really forget?

After breakfast, Jihoon disappeared for the rest of the morning, leaving Junkyu alone with his thoughts. He tried distracting himself by watching TV, but his heart wasn't in it. The day seemed to drag on, and even when he sent a few texts to their friends-Yoshi, Hyunsuk, Junghwan, and the other, he was met with oddly short responses.

Junkyu slumped back on the couch. Did everyone forget?

Meanwhile, Jihoon was anything but idle. In a cozy cafe, he met up with the group-Yoshi, Hyunsuk, Junghwan, Haruto, Jaehyuk, Asahi, Jeongwoo and Doyoung-all huddled together, whispering about final plans for the surprise.

"Everything's set, right?" Jihoon asked, eyes sharp with focus.

'Stop stressing, hyung," Yoshi chuckled. "We've got everything. The rooftop's ready, and Asahi hyung is getting the cake soon."

"Hyunsuk hyung, Jeongwoo and I handled the decorations," Haruto chimed in, smirking. "I think we went a little overboard with the fairy lights, but hey, it'll look magical."

"It better does," Jihoon replied, running a hand through his hair. "Kyu's gonna kill me if this doesn't turn out perfect."

Jaehyuk laughed, patting Jihoon on the back. "He'll love it. Especially when he realizes you and the others didn't forget."

Back at home, Junkyu sat on the couch, scrolling through his phone aimlessly. The longer the day dragged on, the heavier his chest felt. It wasn't that he 'needed' a celebration, but... maybe he did want something small. Something that said he was remembered.

Just as he started sinking into his thoughts, Jihoon came back, looking as casual as ever. Junkyu gave a sulky look seeing him. "You're late."
"Yeah. There was a lot of work. Kyu, I know it's kind of late, but I want to take you somewhere."