Mama.......you promised

The next day

Eddie pov:

We fill up the water guns and prepare to save our brother. We gently sneak towards the house using the bushes and plants as covers to avoid the birds.we creep to the clearing, the house is in sight. "you ready boys?" i ask holding the water gun close. Narrator and the lady are sat on the front decking. We prepare to attack when im suddenly thrown forward. The familiar purple creature is stood ontop of me holding me down. "LOOK MAMA! I GOT ONE!" dinx screeches at hex. Unlucky for hex, this bird is a solid 95% autistic, i whack it over the head with my water gun and shoot at it causing it to run to her screaming as the water burns it. It runs onto the broken stairs blinded and falls through one of the gaps and knocking itself unconscious. "ngl if that was my child id leave it in a forest too" josh says looking at the unconscious bird. "it was so happy too" josh adds on. Hex doesn't look happy, hundreds of crows surround us. We hold the water guns up and start shooting water at them, birds start dropping and running off as the water burns them. "My children!" she screams as a wall of vines suddenly fly at us. We had not accounted for the fact shes a witch. Dammit. Were thrown against a tree. Hex and Narrator retreat inside with the birds. We place a water bucket on top of the door and look around for them. suddenly they appear again, we point the water guns at them. "woah, stop!" Narrator says looking at us. We look at him skeptically. "shes not a threat!" he says. "brother, your possessed you don't know what your talking about" josh says. suddenly we realise hex has now made a run for it out the house while we were distracted. She pushes the door open and the bucket of water falls on her. She lets out a pained scream as she burns. "Shit!" Narrator screams shoving us out the way to try save her but its too late, we watch as her hat falls to the ground slowly. Narrator freezes. "hey big man, your not possessed anymore." i say patting his shoulder. "I NEVER WAS TO BEGIN WITH! " he screams angrily shoving me off of him. We look confused. "what." i say looking at his blue eyes. Were suddenly interrupted as the pattering of bird feet catches our attention. "mama?" dinx asks nudging hexs hat. "mama? Mama please." dinx begs as they nudge the hat. Their small bird eyes begin to water. "mama, you said you wouldn't leave me, mama" dinx pleads hoping that hex is just hiding somewhere under the hat. It's heart breaking to watch. Narrator scoops up the small bird and cuddles it. I look at the other boys, we messed up. Big time. We go back to the camp in silence Narrator brought hexs hat and dinx, they both just sat in the back of the tents cuddling. I could tell Narrator was trying to be strong for dinx and not cry. Narrator was heart broken.

Time skip to the last day of the trip.

Narrator and dinx had been sat in the tent all week, they barely ate and just cuddled all day. Me and the other boys felt guilty, we had killed a witch, an innocent one and the love of Narrators life. Or so we thought.

We had convinced dinx and Narrator to come on a small walk with us, they walked behind us slowly. We reached the clearing where the house is to find the lights on and it tidied. "what the?" juicy says. "there were no lights on when we left."

"Narrator? Dinxy?" a quiet voice says from the doorway. Those same green eyes looked at us. Narrator and dinx looks amazed but quickly run to hex. "how are you alive?" Narrator asks double checking shes actually there. "MAMA!" the autistic bird screeches as it dives at her. Me and the other boys look shocked, how, we killed her. She looks at us but i see no anger, no fear, just kindness. "im sorry" i say before i can register my words. "you seriously think i would die that easy, you were wrong" she says chuckling. "come on the other hexlings are back and ive made pizza" we follow her, dinx and Narrator are practically glued to her. We sit down and enjoy the pizza, we finally get to truly know her and get along with her. When we go to leave,hex just teleports her house to the forest near Narrators home. They become closer and a few years later Narrator proposes.

The end :]

Ps. Sorry for the trauma dinx