Sloane emerged from her room, her face drained of colour after the unsettling vision. She knew deep down what lay ahead, and it unsettled her deeply. She slowly made her way over to Caspian's room, the boys quickly noticed her distressed state and immediately sprung into action, concern etched on their faces as they approached her.

"Sloane..." Ryder whispered softly, crouching to her eye level to meet her gaze.

"He's going to ruin everything. We have to stop him." She murmured, her eyes fixed on the floor.

"Who are you talking about, Sloane?" Caspian asked gently, steadying her swaying body with a hand on her arm.

"We need to read my grandmother's book together. I can't do this by myself anymore." She replied as tears sprung to her eyes, finally lifting her eyes to meet theirs.

"Alright, I'll go get it." Caspian said, glancing at Ryder before hurrying down the hallway.

Returning with the book, Caspian and Ryder settled beside Sloane on a couch as she flipped through its pages.

"I have never really told you both much about my grandmother. But she gave me this book, to help me. I never knew what she meant until recently as I started at the academy. Nothing ever happened to me before now, I get visions, see this boy, he is always nearby, I have no clue what to do. The teachers all know who I am, and what is looming over us. But It's been 3 weeks and I can't cope with all this by myself anymore." She said, holding back tears. "My grandmother always spoke of these objects she needed to find before finding the hidden city. I know it all sounds crazy, but the voices in my head confirm it, voices around me, people randomly showing up, a lot has happened that I need to tell you both about.

Sloane pointed to a page displaying a mirror, three intricately carved necklaces and a crown. "We need to find these four items to pass through the mirror."

Ryder's voice became increasingly concerned, "How do you know all of this, Sloane? And what voices and people are you seeing and hearing?"

"My grandmother attended the academy and often spoke of this hidden city, believed in by many because of the banished prince, strange found artefacts and wars." Sloane said letting it sink in before she continued " As for the voices, they speak to me when I think about the lost city or when I'm just trying to enjoy my day. They offer riddles, insights, but there's also this boy. He keeps showing up on campus, he knows who I am. He says I'm important to him. I had a vision in the shower, he is coming for us. We need to be prepared."

"We'll start looking for these items when we return to the academy. Also Sloane, if you ever need to talk or if anything worries you, come to us. We're here for you." Caspian reassured her, "I also think you should tell the headmaster when we return, he can put up extra safety measures around campus for you to ensure your safety."

"Is this why you haven't been sleeping well? You have been seeing, hearing and trying to comprehend this all by yourself." Ryder questioned her.

"Yeah. Sometimes I can't sleep so I go for walks out on the oval and sit out there until I feel calm again. And that day during PE, when I suddenly collapsed, it was because I heard a voice in a different language. I didn't want to worry you both with all this. But he's not just coming for me, he's coming for all of us."

"Sloane, please don't forget you're not alone in this anymore. You may have always been alone at your other schools, but we are a team now. We work together, yeah?" Caspian said, with Ryder nodding in agreement.

After their serious discussion about the impending challenges ahead, Caspian and Ryder exchanged a glance, silently acknowledging Sloane's vulnerability and their solidarity with her. Without a word, they moved closer, encircling her in a warm, reassuring hug. Sloane felt their comforting presence, a mix of Caspian's protective strength and Ryder's steadfast support. In that moment surrounded by their friendship, she found a brief relaxing moment from the weight of her visions and fears.