The Babysitter

The studio was empty for the first time in over a decade. The main bed was empty, except for Vax laying in the middle of it. He looked up at the mirrored ceiling to watch himself roll around.

"Vax.. what did I tell you about being on that bed.."

Vax never heard his father come in, and he jumped up and off the bed quickly.

"I'm sorry, Daddy,"

He swiveled his foot and looked at his feet, trying not to make eye contact with his already angry father.

"I can't be angry right now, Vax! Me and your mommy are gonna go out to Ozzi-"

"Can I come!"

The words 'going out' always made Vax act up for some reason, possibly because he rarely ever gets to go outside.

"NO!!"

Vox's screen turned a red, motioning that he was getting really pissed off at Vax.

"It's just gonna be your mommy and I, you're staying here with.. um,"

Vox looked around and walked out of the room for a second. Vax started to follow but got knocked over by someone Vox had pushed it.

"Ow..."

Vax rubbed his screen that was not at all hurt.

"Get up, Vax, treat um..."

"Eeliot.."

The slight stranger spoke up to Vox, forgetting his name, Vax had seen this guy every once and awhile, usually around daddy.

"Yes! Eeliot! He'll be your babysitter!!"

Vox said with a sarcastic, happiness tone.

"Will I be getting paid fo-"

Vox quickly slammed the door before letting Eeliot finish. Vax finally stood up and looked up at Eeliot. He liked how his face looked.

"Sooooo.."

Eeliot looked around, looking for something to do.

"Sooooooooooo"

Vax copied Eeliot with an exaggeration. Eeliot laughed a little and crouched down to eye level with the smaller iPad.

"What do you like to do, bud?"

"Umm.. playing on the bed with mommy and daddy!"

Eeliot tilted his head, Vox would have his head if he found that he was on that bed. He's definitely not as important to Vox as his own child.

"Anything else? Like a game?"

"Hmm, I play a lot of games with Mommy and Daddy! I've played a game with um... bird man, too!"

Eeliot laughed, forgetting names definitely runs in the family.

"Travis? What game did you play with him?"

"Oh! Yes, Travis!! He drove me around! And every now and then, he grabbed my thigh, and then I had to touch his hand then he let go!!"

Eeliot's eyes widened. He didn't know Travis was that much of a creep.

"You shouldn't play that game with him anymore,"

"I know... Mommy, um... 'beat his ass?' and hit me a couple of times too for letting him touch me,"

Eeliot patted Vax on the top of his screen.

"Well, we are not gonna get in trouble, okay? Because I've already been beaten by your dad, and it hurt a lot,"

"Huh? Were you the one screaming 'Vox, I would never do that!'?"

Eeliot blushed in embarrassment, Vax had him whining like a bitch in his audio player.

"Um.. yeah, but let's talk about something else? Or even go somewhere else!"

'Go somewhere made Vaxs pupils widen.

"Go somewhere!? Outside??"

"Oh.. I was thinking somewhere in the building, maybe I could show you around the tech department?"

Vax frowned, he was getting sick of hearing words that meant going outside, but being turned down.

"UGH!!, why not outside! The tech department sucks! You suck! Daddy sucks! Mommy- he doesn't suck...."

Vax squealed and stomped the floor with a soft thud and very weakly punched Eeliot in the shoulder.

"Ow- hey, buddy let's calm down okay? Do you wanna go play a different game? Maybe one you play with mommy? Or Daddy?"

Vax blinks, thinking of a game that him and his parents have played together.

"I know one!"