Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Brody burst into the room. Nan and Ever hot on his heels as he rushed forward like a knight in shining armor and grabbed the wretched frog from Pri and put it in an empty glass jar before washing his hands.

Before Savannah can react or defend herself, Brody snaps. "Enough. Don't try to explain this away." He gestured toward Mina and Pri. "I'm sick of your holier than thou attitude and blatant disregard for basic humanity. How could you treat someone so cruelly?" He stared Savannah deeply in the eyes, "We're done. No more chances. I can't stand you anymore."

"But that Grimey girl started it first!" She yelled indignantly.

Nan not missing a beat, sweet like sugar and happy go lucky Nan, pulled her fist back and BAM! Landed solid punch on Savannah's nose. Within the blink of an eye, Nan had gone from a slightly annoying girl constantly on her phone and dressing her up to a shining goddess of revenge. "She's not Grimey, she's Mina Grime."

Oh no! Not her made up last name! Mina blushed softly as she recalled the event where her last name was created.

Ever had pulled Nan out of the room and sent everyone else away and interrogated her. "What's your name?" She put her hand up to stop Mina from rejecting her. "Don't act like a naïve human. We both know you aren't. I don't have the habit of caring but Nan likes you so I'll take care of you for a bit."

"I only know my name is Mina."

"Hmm, that's strange. Most fae remember who they are when they cross over or even when they get banished."

"What are fae?" Mina asked.

Ever looked at her speechless.

"Do you really not know?"

"Nope. Can you tell me?"

"Then how did you break the glass? No... How do you know your name then since you can't remember anything else?"

"What do you mean? I had a nightmare before I woke up, a man called me Mina so I assumed…" Mina trailed off.

"The things I do for you, Nan." She sighed. "Listen here, later on I'll be bringing some people here to be your guardians. Soon, you'll be going to Kennedy High with myself and Nan. She likes you but I don't. Get it?"

"Got it."

"I've thought of your new human name."

"What is it?" Mina nervously said, she felt like Ever's smile didn't sit right and knew it wasn't going to be good.

"From now on you'll be Mina Grime. As tribute to the Grime all over your face when we first found you" Ever grinned.

Mina groaned.

Savannah left with the help of Pri who wore a slightly dressed down version of her own outfit along with Henrietta who helped drag Mina to the room. All while muttering about how she's gonna get revenge.

"Oh Mina, I'm sorry. I won't be able to show you around the school. Someone had to show her she couldn't get away with everything." Nan said softly.

"Enough blubbering Nan. We're missing lunch already." Ever whined.

"Only you like the half frozen fries Ever." Ever responded back to her by rolling her eyes.

Mina had forgotten Brody was there until she felt a hand picking her up off the ground. She turned and met his warm gaze. Getting sucked into the kind light within them.

"Let's go." He whispered. She almost didn't hear him.

"Where?"

Nan flipped her hair as she marched forward and smiled radiantly, "To the principal's office."

Savannah made a scene in the main office. Screaming hysterically and threatening to sue, she brought a bunch of onlookers watching for the latest drama. Brody escorted her behind him as they made their way past the group of onlookers, hiding her face behind his back. She held onto the back of his jacket as she made her way through, following Nan, Ever and Brody. Sitting down in the chairs while Savannah screamed and cried.

It was lunch time and Mina was starving. Her stomach couldn't take it and yelled at her to fill it.

Her face got hot and she hoped nobody had heard that embarrassing sound. She felt like her face could start a fire when Brody smiled and laughed softly. "I'll go get you guys something to eat."

"Thanks." Nan spoke. "We're starving." She elbowed Ever softly, who just nodded her head and leaned against the wall. Mina could only softly mutter a thanks before turning her face away from him.

"Marissa, go call Nan Taylor to the office."A pudgy man, Principal Hames, turned to the secretary.

"I'm here!" Nan declared.

Needless to say, Nan almost got suspended for a week. Ms. Taylor came up to the school and after hearing all the details threatened to sue the school. After compromising a little, Nan volunteered to have lunch detention with Savannah for a week instead. Saying something along the lines of "the punishment fitting the crime." Savannah might've started it but she also participated in physically fighting. Savannah also got lunch detention and Pri got suspended for a week.

"Our food is cold now." Nan sighed as she sat down in the Cafeteria. They missed their lunch time but got passes to eat and then go back to class.

Mina looked at the weird shaped food picking one up before observing it. Nan looked at her confusedly before swallowing her food. "What's wrong? Is it burnt? Still frozen?"

Mina shook her head. "I've never… had this before."

"What?!" Ever shouted drawing attention to them, "What do you mean you've never had fries?! They're the best thing ever created!"

Nan nodded agreeing with Ever, "I can't believe you've never tried them." Mina shrugged before popping one in her mouth. It was…delicious! How could something taste so good and crispy in such a small food.

"See! Good huh?" Ever put her arm on Minas shoulder fakely before grabbing some of Minas fries and shoving them in her mouth before Nan could smack her hand away.

"Is there room for one more?" Brody quickly sat down beside Nan and in front of Mina before anyone could protest.

"I'll let this go one time since you helped us settle Savannah." Nan graciously conceded. "Oh right. This is Brody. He saved you from drowning to death." Nan made small talk while Ever focused on her food. Mina shyly smiled. Hoping that would be the end of it.

"How about this. I give you girls a ride home. It should be raining later."

Mina zoned out after Nan agreed and Ever declined saying something about an after school engagement matter she had.

Lunch came to an end quickly. Nan walked her to her next classes. Art passing by uneventful with a half hearted sketch of the frog from earlier.

...

A/N: Break. Be back on the 28th. Please review this. It encourages us to continue writing this since we've taken time away from other activities to finish this fanfic from 7 years ago.

Estimated chapters so far is about 20. With the current 3 chapter+break it should be done before the end of the year. Let us know what you think so far and if you have any questions.