Chapter 35: Healing Old Wounds

The first thing the trio saw when they set foot in Lumiose City again was the lights. Now that the power in the city has been restored, the city feels alive again. Crowded, but very much alive. There was a crowd surrounding the Prism Tower so Leah, Zayn and Mildred met up with Adeline and decided to approach Lumiose City's centerpiece. They navigated silently through the crowds to get a better view. The gym leader, Clemont, was looking at some kind of device when a younger girl who couldn't be younger than seven years old and resembled Clemont spoke, "Aren't you done yet?"

"Not quite..." Clemont responded, still looking at his device, "I just have to check the lighting circuit here."

The girl's eyes landed on Leah and her friends, "Are you challengers?"

Leah offered the girl a smile, "I am, but my friends aren't."

"Sorry, but could you wait a moment?" The little girl looked rather apologetic before turning to Clemont, "C'mon, Clemont, hurry up!"

Leah laughed, "It's okay, he can take his time, I won't challenge the gym right away." She gave Mrs. Cuddletails a pat, "I have a few errands to run."

The little girl took notice of Mrs. Cuddletails, the Vulpix stuck her tongue out at the girl. She looked at Mrs. Cuddletails with adoration in her eyes, "Your Vulpix is adorable! Can I pet it?"

"Of course you can. She'd love that." Leah bent down to let the child pet Mrs. Cuddletails. The little girl happily gave the Vulpix all the pats her tiny hands could provide. Mrs. Cuddletails' tails wagged wildly. Soon enough, Clemont spoke again, they all turned to look at him and the tower, "All right! Everything's ready! The future is now, thanks to science! Prism Tower lighting system... ACTIVATE!"

The first floor of the Prism Tower lit up, then the second floor, followed by the third floor and the fourth floor, soon the fifth and sixth floors lit up. The crowd watched in awe, Leah had to look away due to it being too bright for her eyes. Clemont spoke once more, "Excellent... My Prism Tower lighting system worked brilliantly, just like all my inventions."

The little girl scoffed, "Yeah. Right. Whatever. There's a challenger waiting for you, you know."

"Didn't I just tell you that I had errands to run?" Leah laughed, going to pet Mrs. Cuddletails only to find that she was petting air. When did that happen?

The gym leader looked at the child and noticed Mrs. Cuddletails was in the little girl's arms, "Bonnie, give that trainer her Vulpix back."

Bonnie solemnly gave Mrs. Cuddletails back to Leah. The trainer gave the young girl a smile, "Don't worry, we'll be back later."

Bonnie cheered up and returned to her brother while the trio made their way to the Police Station where Officer Jenny was waiting for them. The older woman explained how things would proceed much to Mrs. Cuddletails' dismay. Like all canines, the Vulpix wasn't very fond of needles. They only needed one sample to confirm or deny their suspicions and once they got what they needed, the specialist placed the blood sample in a machine. They had at least an hour of waiting so they made their way to a bakery to discuss things with Adeline.

Zayn was not a fan of chocolate unlike Leah who had ordered an entire chocolate mousse cake topped with chocolate ganache and various types of chocolate littered the sides to eat for herself. The other two girls were amused, but agreed to share with Leah. Zayn watched as Leah was going for her third slice of the cake and stopped her, "There's no way in Zeckrom's name I'm letting you eat that entire cake in one sitting. Take it with you as a dessert or snack. And finish your other two slices you fuck."

"You're a snack." Leah responded indignantly. Mildred simply sighed in response and Adeline shuffled uncomfortably. Zayn gave Leah an indignant grin.

"Guys, now is not the time to be horny degenerates." Mildred told them rather sternly.