Behind the Veil of Sins

"Sanskar, don't give your uncle the cold shoulder like this." 

Swara's plea caught everyone off guard, but the subtle twinkle in her eyes didn't escape Sanskar. "What's your plan, then?" he asked, arching an eyebrow. 

"Considering the gravity of his offense, there's no way he gets off easy. Let's kick things off with silver lashes, then move on to wolfbane. What do you think?" she asked, her eyes gleaming wickedly as she glanced at Amit. 

"Works for me," Sanskar said, bringing a triumphant grin to everyone's face. 

"No, please don't do this..." Amit shouted in desperation, his hands clasped together in a pleading gesture. 

Everyone turned to look at him, but before anyone could react, he dropped to his knees, kowtowing and begging for mercy. 

"Alpha Sanskar, Luna Swara, please show me some mercy. Don't put me through this hell. I admit I'm a terrible monster. I've committed countless crimes. I've schemed against Rajesh and Sujata, murdered Shomi, Shekhar, and many pack members. I even plotted to kill the both of you." 

He continued to sob and ramble, confessing all his crimes. Swara and Sanskar felt immense satisfaction seeing him grovel, not only begging but for the first time admitting to all his wrongdoings. His ego was finally shattered. 

"We're already aware of this, so quit wasting our time," Sanskar said, his tone dripping with boredom. 

"But you don't have any proof. What if I lay everything out for you in detail?" Amit proposed, trying to cut a deal. 

"Do you really think I care?" Sanskar shot back, motioning for the guards. 

The guards moved in, grabbing Amit by the arms and pulling him along as he thrashed and kicked. "If you're itching to know why I killed Shomi and Shekhar, I'll spill the beans!" he yelled, struggling to make his case. 

"Hold up..." Swara commanded firmly. 

"Shona, don't..." Sanskar warned, trying to dissuade her, but she gave him a resolute nod. 

"You've got five minutes to come clean about why you killed my parents. Don't try to pull any fast ones; if you do, things will go from bad to worse for you, and you'll wish you'd never crossed us." 

Amit visibly trembled, not just from the warnings but from the sheer terror of his impending punishment. He nodded frantically. "I'll level with you. I never wanted to hurt Shekhar or Shomi. I had no beef with them—Shekhar was a stand-up guy, and we got along well as beta and gamma." 

"Then why did you off them?" Janki snapped, her skepticism evident. At that moment, Amit's words sounded like nothing more than flimsy excuses to her. 

"Shomi found out about Adarsh's real identity and my plan. They were on their way to inform Rajesh and were heading back to Crescent Moon from the South with their oldest son. I had no choice but to take them out to protect my long-laid plans," Amit confessed quickly, his voice barely audible as he kept his head bowed. 

He then lifted his gaze to Ayush. "I didn't know Shekhar had hidden Ayush. I thought he was dead—unfortunately, that wasn't the case." 

"Thankfully, the Moon Goddess saw through your deception and saved a witness," Swara cut in sharply, her voice brimming with anger. "I can't believe you've committed so many crimes, dodged punishment, and lived easy all these years. How did you manage it?" 

Overwhelmed, Swara slapped Amit hard, yanked him by the collar, and shook him. "How could you..." she screamed, tears streaming down her face as she let her emotions spill over.