Chapter 3: Boundaries and Proximity

As the car pulled into the underground parking garage of Aira's apartment building, Tawan's mind was already running through a list of security protocols. It was her first official day as Aira's personal bodyguard, and she had quickly realized that this assignment would be unlike any other. The heightened threat level, the media attention, and the unique situation of protecting a high-profile idol like Aira meant she would have to remain alert around the clock.

As they stepped out of the car and into the private elevator, Tawan quietly observed the environment. The building was secure, but she couldn't shake the feeling that being here—this close to Aira—was going to be complicated in ways she hadn't anticipated.

Aira, noticing Tawan's silence, glanced at her curiously. "You're awfully quiet. What's on your mind?"

Tawan met her gaze briefly before looking away, her expression as unreadable as ever. "I'm just thinking about security. Since I'm your personal bodyguard now, I need to be with you 24/7, including here."

Aira blinked, processing the implications of that. "Wait... does that mean you'll be staying with me?"

Tawan nodded. "If I'm going to do my job properly, I need to be nearby at all times. It's safer that way."

The elevator door slid open, and they stepped into the hallway leading to Aira's penthouse. Aira's lips curved into a teasing smile as they approached the door. "So, you're saying we're going to be roommates now?"

Tawan's gaze didn't falter. "Something like that."

Aira chuckled softly as she unlocked the door and they entered the spacious apartment. The mood was light, but there was an underlying tension, as both of them were aware of how drastically their relationship had shifted within just one day.

Tawan walked through the apartment, taking stock of every entry point and security vulnerability. Meanwhile, Aira flopped onto the couch, watching her with a curious expression.

Tawan finished her sweep of the apartment and turned to face Aira. "Your life is in danger. This isn't something we can take lightly."

Aira raised an eyebrow, her lips curving into a smirk. "You know, for someone who's going to be living with me, you need to loosen up a bit. We're in my apartment now. This place has top-notch security, you know."

Tawan paused, a faint flicker of hesitation in her eyes. "We can't be too careful."

Aira patted the seat next to her on the couch, her voice playful. "Come on, Tawan. You've done the sweep, everything's secure. Why don't you sit and relax for a minute? We're not in a war zone."

Tawan hesitated for a moment, then, perhaps sensing that the immediate danger was behind them, walked over and sat down, though her posture remained stiff.

Aira laughed softly, leaning back into the couch. "This is going to be fun, isn't it? An idol and her bodyguard, sharing an apartment. How do you think this is going to work?"

Tawan raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Aira's playful tone deepened. "Well, for starters... you said you need to be with me 24/7, right? So... does that mean I'll never be out of your sight? Even in the bathroom?" Her eyes twinkled with mischief.

Tawan blinked, momentarily thrown off guard by the sudden shift in conversation. "I'll give you privacy, obviously."

Aira giggled, leaning a little closer. "You sure? What if I'm brushing my teeth or... something else? You might miss something important."

Tawan's jaw clenched, but her lips twitched like she was trying not to smile. "I'll manage."

Aira tilted her head, her voice still teasing. "And what about the sleeping situation? Are you going to stand by my bed like some kind of bodyguard statue, or do I get to actually sleep without someone hovering over me?"