𝟬𝟬𝟭. bitter introductions and protective brothers

chapter one

chapter one.
( bitter introductions and protective brothers )

   VEGA BLACK WAS PACING.

   With her thumb tucked between her teeth, her strides across the width of Grimmauld Place's kitchen were repetitive and were becoming tedious to watch for her older brother — Regulus was starting to ponder if she would never stop. Her socked feet ached as she refused to cease, her mind entrapped with swirling thoughts while her locks of blonde danced with her movements.

   Regulus leant forward as he began, "Vega —"

   Vega raised a hand, interjecting swiftly, "I'm not done."

   "Okay," Regulus swiftly murmured, his back hitting the chair once more and his sage irises following every step his younger sister took. An inquisitive expression overtook her face as she came to a halt in the middle of the kitchen after a few more minutes of pacing, her hands strapping to her side as the same eyes which Regulus had peered at him.

   "Alright," she said finally. "I'm finished."

   "Thank you for that," Regulus quipped, smiling fondly.

   "My pleasure."

   He sighed, shaking his head, and dared to question, "Might I ask what . . . that was all about?"

   "Oh. Right," Vega noted, a look of realisation dawning on her. "Yeah. I don't want them to come."

   Regulus' hands clasped together. "I figured as much."

   "It's not fair, Reg," Vega frowned, a scowl forming on her lips which reminded Regulus all too much of his older brother. "This is my home —" Regulus raised a brow, "— our home, and they're just — they're invading our privacy!"