Chapter 6

"Baby stop being nervous, I'm gonna be by your side," Lelee said rubbing my thigh

We were on our way to the gathering and I was nervous as hell. I don't why. "I can't and I don't know why," I said with my leg going up and down.

"You need some relief before we go in," She said smirking and looking at me and the road.

"Lelee," I said groaning getting even more nervous when we pulled up. "Ok, ok, You're gonna be fine mama," she said getting out of the car.

I did a quick prayer before Lelee opened my door. There were a bunch of flashes. "Hold your head down and walk," She said grabbing my hand.

I did exactly what she did and walked to the building. I heard "Leanne who is this"

"Is this your secret new girlfriend?"

"Or is it Latocha?"

Wait who's Latocha?

We walked inside the building and we went to the elevator. We waited for it to open and walked inside.

She pushed the fifteenth floor. I started thinking about this Latocha woman. Who was she?

I knew me and I hadn't talked about significant others from the past. But me just hearing her name makes me wonder, did she used to bring her up here a lot?

"Baby" I heard Lelee say. She was holding my hand and the elevator door was open. "Come on, you good?" She said guiding me out of the elevator.

"U-um yeah," I said walking out of the elevator. I saw a bunch of people gathering around tables. Chatting and laughing.

"Leleeee" I heard a man said. We both looked and Lelee smiled. "AYEEE WASSUP Koby," She said dabbing him.

"Congratulations girl," He said pulling away. "Thanks bruh," She said. "Who's is this lovely lady" Koby asked.

"This is my lovely lady, Kandi," She said. "Hi," I said shaking his hand.

"Hello, Ms Kandi how are you" He asked.

"I'm good, how are you" I asked.

"I'm wonderful," He said smiling.

Lelee had introduced me to more of her Co-Workers. Then it was time for the balloon release for Lelee's ex-boss, Rick.

People cried and laughed. I can tell people really enjoyed him. And I can tell people didn't really like him.

After the balloon release. It was time to eat. Since Lelee was the CEO now, we sat in the middle of the table.

While people were giving speeches about Lelee. I guess I was looking nervous. Lelee put her hand on my thigh and whispered
"You ok, mama"

I just nodded my head. I was still thinking about this Latocha woman. Like literally who was she?

~~~~~~~

I knew Kandi was thinking or wondering about something

I knew Kandi was thinking or wondering about something. Because she kept zoning in and out.

I was gonna talk to her when we got home. After everyone was done with their speeches about me. I got up and grabbed the mic.

"Um thank you for all the speeches. I wanted to thank all of you for congratulating me on this next position. Thank you to my baby for being by my side " I said smiling at Kandi and she smiled back.

"And I can't wait how this new journey is gonna be," I said giving the mic to my other co-worker.

They started playing music and of course. I started dancing. Everyone was hyping me up and laughing.

A few hours later, Kandi looked like she was ready to go. "You ready to go mama" I asked.

She nodded her head. I grabbed her hand and headed to the elevator. We walked in the elevator.

I looked at Kandi. She looked tired. But she wanted to say something.

~~~~~

When we arrived at my house and did our nightly routine. And now we're laying in the bed. I'm watching TV. And she's on her phone.

But the only problem is we're so far away. She's on her side and I'm on my side. "Mama cmere," I said turning the TV down.

"Huh," She said.

"Come here," I said more demanding but softly.

She scooted closer to me. I scooped her up and sat her on my waist so she was straddling me.

"What's wrong mama? And don't say anything because you look stressed ever since we got in the building." I said rubbing her sides.

She hesitated.

"Can you be truthful with me?" She said softly. "Yes mama, what's going on"

"Who's Latocha" She asked me. I froze.

Latocha was my ex-fiancée. She was dirty down hoe. She cheated on me with women and men.

I thought she was the one. She brought me so much love. Well, I thought it was love.

Me and Kandi really haven't talked about exes. We just knew how many bodies we had and how many people we had been with.

I really don't like talking about her. So I just pushed her to the back of my mind.

"Um, Latocha is my ex-fiancée. We were engaged for five months before I found out she cheated on me, multiple times. " I said.

"She was gonna move with me to Tennessee. So I had brought her to the company and everything" I said.

"Oh," Kandi said relieved.

"I knew we hadn't talked about our exes. Put the paparazzi had said that name and it just got to me" Kandi said.

"That's cool mama," I said rubbing her butt. "Is that all?" I said.

"Yes," She said laying down on top of me. She started playing with my ear. When she first started doing it. I thought it was weird.

Now I just let her do it. "Mama you fallin' asleep on me," I said rubbing her ass. "Mhm," She said sleepily.

"Alright goodnight mamas," I said. "Goodnight" She mumbled.

Taj has sent me and Coko a message saying that she needs to talk to us. Face to Face.

I was nervous because normally Coko always needs to meet with us. So I was nervous about what Taj had to tell us.

I put my phone down. I continued watching the game after few hours later. I was sleeping with Kandi.

~~~~
Something short yk😭🌚🌚🌚

Latocha huhhhhh?🌚🌚 Sad🤦🏾‍♀️.

What do you think Taj gotta tell the girls?