The Late Night Stroll

Jenna's Pov

Earlier when me and Joey were hanging we decided to go to Target, and as we were leaving I saw Y/n, but as soon as she looked in our direction she said something to the girl next to her and left the store and went outside in her car I guessed it was her girlfriend, but later on she said that it was her sister and I felt relieved but why did I feel uneasy in the first place. She probably has a boyfriend I shouldn't bother trying. When we were texting each other I felt really comfortable she would joke here and there and when she calls me "Miss Ortega" I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach, my smile would grow every time she said it. She then said that she had to go to an interview and I wished her good luck, she promised she would text me when she got back but she didn't and already 2 hours had passed so I decided to text her first and it broke my heart when she said that she didn't get the job but it was as if she wasn't fazed by the news. I was surprised when she said that she never went to college but it is her decision, she then asked me if I was doing anything and told her no even though I was at Joey's house because we had been hanging out the whole and it was already 8 o'clock so I guess it would also be better if I left so I took the chance to spend time with her and also leave Joey's house as it was getting late. She asked for my location and I sent her and in about 10 mins she came and parked in front of the house, she got exited her car and came up to the front door, Joey ran to the door and pulled her in a hug, he asked her what she was doing at his house and she told him that she came to pick me up to go skateboarding and Joey turned to me smirking so I said my goodbyes to him and pulled Y/n by her clothes to her car before Joey could escalate the situation by teasing me. 

"Hey, why are you pulling me? You know that I can walk right?" She said and laughed, I just shook my head and let go of her.

"If you can walk then walk" I tell her and stand in front of her car, she comes next to me and opens the passenger's side door "After you miss Ortega" she said and man did I feel my knees go weak at that expression.

I got in and she closed the door, and got behind the steering wheel and started driving, we were sitting in silence but it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, there was music playing and I figured that her favorite artist was Travis Scott cuz every time his songs came on she would start singing and there were a few times where she would explain the lyrics to me and I would look at her like a fool smiling but of course she didn't notice it because she was driving. After some time, we arrived at this place and sure enough it was a skatepark, she parked her car and immediately ran to my side and opened the door for me, I thanked her and walked to the park. She got her skateboard and came after me.

"Miss Ortega would you like to learn a little bit about skateboards?" She asked and I was hesitant at first as it was my first time trying skateboarding so I just shook my head indicating as no.

"Come on Jenna, where is the fun in that if you won't try it. Come on, we came here to have fun and by the way I am a great skateboarder so you can trust me" She said and I started laughing.

"So that's why you fell the first time I met and your skateboard hit my ankle" I said trying to tease her.

"Well about that it happens some times, but really you can trust me even if you fall which I highly doubt it, I am here I will not let you fall I'll catch you. Don't worry, by the end of the night you will still have all your body parts perfectly in place with no scratches whatsoever"

"Ok, ok. I give in but first I want you to ride your skateboard and I'll watch you then I will try to ride it with you standing near by in case I fall cause I don't want any bruises on my body"

"Sure, whatever you say Ortega" She says, GOD every time she says my last name I feel my knees go weak.

Y/n goes off and starts doing her tricks and I just sit and watch her, it's like she doesn't care if she will fall or not she just keeps on going. It's like her escape from reality, well I guess she needs it right now as she told me she wanted to escape the chaos in her house.