reopening old wounds

Authors note : (this is gonno be a now/then storyline with one part in the future and the other in the past .This chapter is timed two years after the last one.Also i changed y/n to Reader to make it more like ghost is calling out to the. ..well the reader 🥰)

NOW
2022

( outside camp)

" Man I can't believe I'll actually be able to TOUCH GRASS as soon as I step out of camp" ,Nate whistles ,posing for a picture and updating his Instagram .

Anthony flicks his nose ,Nates  glasses come  tumbling further down his nose ,blue eyes narrowing at Anthony's glaring hazel ones ,

" You gotto get off that screen man" .

Nate tsks tsks " No can do ,old man , when you are a  young and dashing marine like me, fans align for your next update; you know ."

Nate proceeds to show off biceps as he poses for yet another picture ,running a hand down his ginger hair .

Anthony playfully puts him in headlock and you laugh watching them whine.

"Anthony , dumplings from Nan. Don't forget to pack those for me when you return ",you remind him.

Anthony fixes his chestnut hair that Nate messes up ,yet again and rolls his eyes .

"At this point nan would gift you the entire refrigerator."
" You know sometimes I actually wonder who the actual grandson is, reader ".

You smile at him .Anthony family's was particularly fond of you and they always stuffed you with well-made homemade food.
His Nan ,specifically,  had been obsessed with helping you regain the weight you had lost in training or after an onerous mission.                                                                                                                 "What about you Nate ?" ,you turn to him to see him strapping another bag .
Nate carried alot of tech with him at all times as he was responsible mainly for the infiltration and hacking of enemy territory.                                                                                                                                            Ever since his limp leg , he'd stick to light training and would always avoid any discussion regarding the cause of his injury.

" I'll  bring back Mama's bomb homemade lasagne for everyone to vibe with .And we'll even stash some in the freezer" .

Anthony turns to you " I believe 'vibe with' means enjoy"?

You nod in army like fashion
" Affirmitive sir" ,enjoying the generational gap .

"Hey boomer's catching up to our slang , Reader " ,Nate remarks ,patting Anthony's back in appreciate.

"Respect" , Nate mocks ,winking  at Anthony who deadpans.

"NATE for the sake of your sainty and Anthony's blood pressure, shut up".

Nate pouts " Y'all are such buzzkills". He turns to Cameron ,who like always is in grey sweatpants and a black compression t-shirt .

(A/n : if you know you know 🤭)
Like always you can feel him in
the back ,despite everything that happened.

He'd embedded himself so deeply that you could feel his stare at your back , burning , desperate ,a plea.

You ignored it and watched as Cam's looks at you and smiles .
A rare phenomenon and says something that surprises you all .

"Actually,  I was thinking if I could take Reader with me ," he says his green eyes glinting as he calmly utters the words even Nate is speechless too.