Madeline

𝚒

𝚒. 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚛
━━━━━━━
❛ "I'm not just here for the show. I'm here for the escape." ❜
Madeline Carter isn't just a dancer at The Velvet Rose—she's a survivor. For her, every performance is a battle, a way to take back the control that life has tried to strip from her. While others see her as an alluring figure draped in mystery, the truth is far more complex. Madeline has been fighting for herself since she was old enough to understand what it meant to survive in a world that was never kind to her. The Velvet Rose, with its secrets and shadows, has become both her sanctuary and her prison. Each night she dances, not for the men who watch her with hunger in their eyes, but for herself—to reclaim power, inch by inch. But as the past she's been running from begins to catch up, she'll have to decide if she can keep performing, or if it's time to find an escape for real.
»»————- ⚜ ————-««

𝚒𝚒. 𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜
━━━━━━━
character created by | Monsters_inthedark
character's faceclaim | Tess Holloway
genres | Dark Romance, Gritty Contemporary, Survival Fiction
triggers | Sexual Content, Emotional Manipulation, Violence
literacy | Advanced Literate
pairings | Available for M/F and F/F
groups and/or 1x1 | 1x1 Roleplays Preferred
Open or closed| Closed Letsgetcozyxo
𝚒𝚒𝚒. 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
━━━━━━━
*ೃ༄ 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 ⊱┊ Madeline Carter
ೃ⁀➷ Madeline
Her name means "high tower" or "woman from Magdala." Madeline chose to hold onto her name as it represents her determination to rise above her circumstances.
ೃ⁀➷ Carter
Her last name was inherited from her absent father, but she never felt attached to it. If given the choice, she might have changed it, but Carter is who she is now.
≪•◦⚜◦•≫
*ೃ༄ 𝚊𝚐𝚎 ⊱┊ 25
Born on May 7, Madeline is a Taurus, known for their resilience and stubbornness—traits she embodies well. She's always acted older than her age, forced into maturity by her turbulent upbringing.
≪•◦⚜◦•≫
*ೃ༄ 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 & 𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 ⊱┊ Female (She/Her) ⊱ Bisexual
Madeline identifies as the gender she was assigned at birth, fully embracing her femininity both on and off the stage, though she refuses to let others define her by it.
Her bisexuality wasn't something she ever struggled with, but finding someone who understood her and could break through her walls—that's always been the challenge. She's drawn to strength, regardless of gender, but her relationships are few and far between.
≪•◦⚜◦•≫
*ೃ༄ 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 ⊱┊ A bustling city, where shadows and neon lights blur.
Madeline lives in a city where anonymity is a shield. She loves the fast pace and the constant hum of life, but sometimes she longs for an escape from it all. Born and raised in a poor neighborhood, the city is both a place of survival and her battleground for control.
≪•◦⚜◦•≫
*ೃ༄ 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠𝚜 & 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 ⊱┊ Chaotic Neutral
Madeline follows her own rules. She's learned that sometimes you have to break the law—or at least bend it—to survive. Her moral compass is fluid, shifting with the circumstances. She's not a villain, but she won't hesitate to do what's necessary for her survival.
≪•◦⚜◦•≫
*ೃ༄ 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜 ⊱┊ Human
There's nothing supernatural about Madeline, but her presence has an almost magnetic allure. Her ability to control a room can feel like magic, though it's rooted in years of honed confidence and survival instincts.
≪•◦⚜◦•≫
*ೃ༄ 𝚘𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 ⊱┊ Stripper
Stripping isn't something Madeline loves, but it's her way of staying in control. It's a job that pays well and lets her dictate the terms of her interactions, though each night at The Velvet Rose is another reminder of the world she's trying to leave behind. Every dollar she earns is another step toward the future she's fighting for.