You get hurt as a Cop

WORDS- 1132

Warnings- Guns

Y/n's POV:

It was early, like 5am when I heard my phone ring. I was snuggled up with Jenna in bed and reached over to answer it.

Y/n-"Hello This is y/n?"

Grey-"Y/n, we have a lead on a case. We need you at the station ASAP. you'll get more information once there."

y/n-"Ok, I'll be there. Thanks for calling me sarge."

I hung up and kissed Jenna's forehead.

Jenna-"mm, Y/n?"

Y/n-"I gotta go, they got a lead on a case we've been working on. I love you baby."

Jenn-"Ok, I love you. BE SAFE."

Y/n-"I'll try my best babygirl. You'll be the first to know Jens"

Jenna-"No, not good enough. I need you to PROMISE me nothing will happen to you."

Y/n-"You know I can't promise you that. I gotta go, there counting on me. I love you so much jenna"

With that I changed into my uniform, and drove to the station. I got in roll call room, and Metro was already there.

Grey-"OK, EVERYONE, Elijah Is planning a drug deal With Monica. We need ALL HANDS ON DECK"

Smitty-"Sarge do I have to go?"

Gey-"Yes Smitty you have to go."

He chuckled and Me and John rode together and left to get in the Shop.

J-"So how are things going with Jenna?"

Y/n-"Good, we're good. She's not too keen on me being a cop, She's worried sick everytime I leave the house."

J-"Yeah, It's easier with me because Baileys is a firefighter, But I still worry about her and she worries about me. It'll never change."

Y/n-"I just wish she would stop worrying about me. I know it sounds selfish as hell, But She just keeps being concerned every time even if I just go for my morning run."

J-"I get it y/n, Maybe if you love her so much, Do a desk job or something."

Y/n-"John, I love her but I just love patrolling too much."

Radio- 7-A-07 We are ready to fire, do you have eyes on target?"

Y/n-"7-A-07 We have a visual on the deal, 2 guys guarding the truck and a black SUV coming from the left."

I put the eye glass to my left eye and zoomed in on the car as it stopped.

J-"You go left I go right, On 3. 1..2..3.. GO"

I opened the door and quietly ran behind a pillar using my index and middle finger, To single its greenlight on the attack. I shoot my pistol at one of the guys running to put handcuffs on him. I dragged him behind the attack. I feel my arm get shot and hold the spot it hit. I leaned over and shot whomever was there. I felt another shot and it hit my back. I fell unconscious on the ground.

Jhon's POV:

I see Y/n lying down on the ground, eyes shut. I shoot Elijah and he falls to the ground as well. I run over to Y/n And reach for her Pulse and it's weak. I grab my walkie talkie and call for an ambulance.

J-"7-A-07, This is code 3 we need an ambulance sent to my location. Officer L/N is down and barely breathing."

J-"Come on y/n, you need to pull through for Jenna. Just stay breathing please."

She opened her eyes very weakly.

Y/n-"John, Te- tell Jenna I love her please. And move on I- i want her to be happy"

She closed her eyes again.

Bailey came over and put her in a stretcher. I spaced out worrying if she would make it out alive. I couldn't look or talk to Jenna ever again too much guilt would wash over me.

B-"John? You ok?"

J-"Y- Yeah, Just spaced out"

B-"Hey, she's gonna pull through like she always does."

J-"I know, It's just, If she doesn't I could never look at Jenna the same."

B-"You don't have to worry John, she's in good hands"

—at the hospital—

J-"I'm gonna call Jenna, she should know what happened."

Grey- "That's a good idea."

Jenna's POV:

It was around 3 in the afternoon and I was shooting season 2 when I got a call. I Look down and see That it was John Nolan, One of Y/n's Police friends. I told the director I needed to take a call and went into my dressing room and answered it.

Jenna: "Hey John what's up?"

John: "Hey Jenna, There's no easy way to say this, but Y/n's been shot and is at the hospital in surgery. I'm at Shawn memorial and thought I should call you."

Jenna-"Sh- she's gonna pull through right She has too!"

John-"It's unsure right now, She's in bad shape. She was shot in the arm then the back. The back shot was pretty close to her heart."

Jenna-"Shit, O- ok. I'm coming down."

John-"Ok, see you soon."

I told Tim I needed to leave because something happened to Y/n and he let me leave. I got in my car and rushed down to Shawn Memorial. I see 5 of her cop friends sitting down in the waiting room. 'Shit This is worse than I thought' I thought to myself as I wiped my tears from my cheek.

Grey-"Hey, She's In surgery, we don't know her state as of now, But she should be out soon."

Jenna-"I can't lose her Mr. Grey"

Grey-"I know we can't either. She's a big part of the team. And please call me Wade."

Jenna-"Wade?"

Wade-"What?"

Jenna-" what happened when she got shot?"

Wade-"She said, " To tell You that she loves you and to move on."

Jenna-"how could I move on if she dies, She's my girlfriend."

Wade-"I don-

Nurse- Officer L/N Is out of surgery and in stable condition you may see her now. Room 4"

I walk in and see y/n asleep in the bed. Her eyes flutter open and she groans in pain.

Y/n-"J- jens? What are you doing here?"

Jenna-"John called, He said you were shot twice so I rushed down here."

y/N-"I'm so sorry Jenna, I'm so so sorry."

Jenna-"Hey, angel, why are you sorry?"

Y/n-"Because, I make you worry so much, I don't deserve you baby"

Jenna-"Stop, You deserve me, It's me who doesn't deserve you. I worry so much because I love you."

Y/n-"I love you Jenna Marie Ortega"

Jenna-"I love you more Y/M/N"

I kissed her forehead.

A/N- I'M OBSESSED WITH THE SHOW "THE ROOKIE" IT'S THE BEST COP SHOW ARGUE WITH THE DAMN WALL. ANYWAYS I CHOOSE ANGST CAUSE I WAS BORED, ALSO 85 DAYS TILL MY TAYLOR/GRACIE SHOW. . GET TO MEET GRACIE IN THE TENT IN DECEMBER I'M GOING DOWN TO THE TENT WHEN HER SET IS DONE LIKE 10 MINUTES AFTER ITS FINISHED LMAO I'M DETERMINED. ANWAYS RANT DONE. ENJOY YOUR NIGHT LOVELYS

EAT AND DRINK ML