• Falling • 1 •

Agent: Mariella Lucia RizzoLast Known Address: Sycamore Street 17 BrooklynDOB: 10/06/1926Status: KIA

Last Known Address: Sycamore Street 17 Brooklyn
DOB: 10/06/1926
Status: KIA

.•.•*•.•.

An endless beeping echoed around the newborn, the sound of life support. Her little chest rose and fell fast - so young, so fragile.

Nonna held herself close to her husband, gazing down at the tiny baby. The infant took a long, shaking breath that ended in a weak cough. Nonna's husband's arms around her tighten.

Across the room, she caught sight of Camilla, sat up in bed, smoking, reading the paper. She hadn't even asked to hold the baby when she'd first been born, claiming she had better things to do. The better things being a cigarette and a beer.

Nonna sighed, her beautiful daughter had grown up, perhaps not into the woman she'd hoped she'd become.

Her gaze turned to the little girl again. The pregnancy had been hard on them all - Camilla the most. It was apparently a medical miracle that either of them had survived the birth.

But she had - they both had. 5 hours out in the world and the girl didn't even have a name yet. When Nonna had asked Camilla what if she had any ideas, her daughter had just shrugged. Told her that it didn't matter, that Nonna could pick.

She considered the tot, watching as her eyes squinted, tubes and wires surrounding her in a nest.

Names flashed through her mind, though one stood out amongst the rest. Mariella. Her own little star of the sea.

Yes, Nonna thought. That would do nicely.

.•.•*•.•.

Alla nostra Camilla, speriamo che tu stia bene

speriamo che tu stia bene. Pensiamo a te e alla tua bellissima figlia ogni giorno e speriamo di incontrarla di nuovo presto. È così insolito che tu sia dovuto tornare al lavoro così in fretta, spero che chiunque tu abbia assunto per prendersi cura della piccola Mariella sia sufficiente.