Second Years

Megumi and Nobara sat on two separate sides of the steps. The sun beamed down on them, it was hot, for late spring. They waited for Asami, as she took naturally longer to get ready for the day. And above that, both of them knew, she took it the hardest.

Kugisaki held her head in her hand, as Fushiguro told her. "He said, live a long life?" She asked. "Guess that doesn't mean much when you die yourself." She feigned indifference. "First time having your partner die on you?"

Megumi nodded, even though he sat behind her and she couldn't see him. "One my age? Yeah."

She sighed, "You're taking it well though."

"Yeah, you too."

"Of course. Two weeks ago I didn't even know him. I'm not the type to break down and fall to pieces when a guy I barely know dies." She fought back the tears.

Megumi saw her lip quiver as she spoke, "And plus someone has to be strong for Asami, she's not taking it well at all." He thought about the night that Yuji died...

Asami stepped down onto the step and sat between the two of them. "How are you...holding up?" Megumi asked, which seemed like to the universe.

"Okay." Asami said. She had been obviously crying before she came out here.

"It's hot, huh?"

"Yeah," Nobara said, "I wonder if it's time for summer uniforms."

Asami nodded, "I can't really tell. But I don't really feel cold today."

Footsteps clacked on the ground approaching the edge of the steps. "So what's this?" A girl with greenish hair tied into a short ponytail stepped up. It was Maki Zenin. "You're looking even more bummed-out than usual, Megumi. Having a wake?"

Megumi sighed, "What's up Zenin?"

"Stop calling me by my last name!"

"Maki! Maki!" A voice in the back called out to her, it belonged to Panda.

"Hey, I'm talking here..shut it."

"Are you serious right now? You don't know why they're so down!?"

"No, should I?"

A girl came out from behind them, "Their classmate, aka the vessel died!"

"Bonito flakes." Commented a short boy with white lilac hair.

"Well...why didn't you say so?" She turned her head to them, sweat dropping from her head. "Now I look like some kind of heartless cold-blooded ice-demon!"

"Is that not what you are?" The other girl, Fumiko Akemi cackled. "I tried to tell you but you were all like 'I'm moody today'." She mimicked her voice.

As they all bickered Nobara asked Megumi who exactly these new students were.

"The second years." He answered. "Zenin is the best of all the students at using cursed tools." Megumi explained.

Asami knew of their names, but never truly met any of them except Yuta Okkotsu, who wasn't here.

"And that's the Cursed Speech user, Inumaki," He pointed to the shorter boy behind her. "He can only speak in ingredients of rice balls."

Megumi sighed, "The girl coming towards us is-"

"Hi! I'm Fumiko Akemi. Excuse Maki for her rudeness she didn't know about your loss. Oh, and I'm sorry for your loss. Poor Yuji huh..." She reached her hand out for Asami and Nobara to shake. "I'm the one and only user of Mimicry Technique!"