CHAPTER ONE - scared beginnings

(Ross is 4 and Roy is 5. Keep in mind that Ross is non verbal autistic)

Ross sits down underneath the tree outside his house, playing with his toys while keeping his favorite teddy close. His mom was sitting on the outside chair, on the phone with someone. Ross never really liked playing with other kids. He was always terrified of everyone that isn't his mom and dad. Anybody slightly loud or too friendly are seen as "monsters" to him. He smashes his toys together, pretending they're fighting. He loved playing.

He continued smashing his toys together, until he heard a loud noise. "ohhhhh rossieeee!" A loud voice yelling. Ross squeaked and looked around, trying to find the source of the yell. He saw a kid walking up to him, a boy around his age, a bit taller than him with reddish-brown hair. He squeaked again as he saw the boy. "No!" Ross said, attempting at hiding. The boy giggled and hugged Ross tightly.

Ross' face paled a bit as he was pulled into the hug. He sat there, trembling as the boy was hugging him. He wanted to push him away, but he was too paralysed with fear and shyness. After what felt like forever, The boy let go and sat close next to him. "You're rossie!" The boy said, poking him.

Ross winces and runs to his mom, hugging her leg and whining about the boy. "Oh! What is it rossie?" His mom said with a smile. "boy!" Ross said, pointing at the boy. "Aww! Is that your new friend?" His mom said, laughing. "No! No! No!" Ross whined, clearly, in distress about the boy.  The boy hugged him again from behind. "hi rossie!" He said, giggling. Ross started crying and pushing him away. "No!"

Ross's mom picked up Ross, freeing him from the mysterious boy. The boy pouted. "gimme my rossie back!" He whined, stomping his feet. Ross's mom hugged Ross tightly to her chest, humming and trying to calm him down from his crying. "Shoo! You're scaring my baby!" She said, pretending to be "mean" to scare off this little menace. "Grrr!" The boy growled, trying to act all tough, before walking away. Ross still continued crying at the boy's hugging, while his mom tried calming him.