Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Norway You Can't Miss!

Top 10 Must-See Tourist Attractions in Norway

Think you're standing in front of the world's longest tunnel, deep in the heart of stunning mountains. The air is fresh, and the views are stunning. Isn't it crazy to think about? That's the Laerdal tunnel in Norway, which stretches over an impressive length of 24.5 km, connecting the towns of Laerdal and Aurland. Norway's wonder doesn't stop here; there are many other breathtaking places for you to explore.

Here are the top 10 must-see tourist attractions in Norway:1. Geiranger Fjord

Geiranger Fjord tops the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. It is known for its stunning natural beauty, with high cliffs, greenery, and beautiful waterfalls like Seven Sisters and the Bridal Veil. Geiranger Fjord can be the best place for one who enjoys hiking, boat tours, and seeing the fjord from the high spots. While you're independent to visit in any month, if you want to enjoy the pleasant weather, visit between May and September.

2. Pulpit Rock

Pulpit Rock ranks second on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. The place is abundant with stunning views, making it the best spot for photography lovers. If you want to reach here, you have to complete it in 3 steps – take a bus, then a boat, and then hike uphill for 2 hours, 600 meters above the water level. The best time to visit the place is from June to September when the weather is warmer and safer for hiking.

3. Lofoten Islands

Lofoten Islands ranks third on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. It is famous for its stunning scenery, with tall mountains, deep fjords, and charming fishing villages. You can also enjoy the natural wonders like the Northern Lights in the winter and the Midnight Sun in the summer. The best time to visit is summer (May to September) or winter (late September to April).

4. The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet

The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet ranks fourth on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. It is famous for its design, which looks like a glacier rising from the water. The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet hosts top-notch opera and ballet performances, which attract tourists all across the globe. The crazy thing about the place is that you can walk on its roof to get a stunning view of the city and fjord. If you want to enjoy the performance, visit the place in September and May; otherwise, you can visit anytime.

5. Viking Ship Museum

Viking Ship Museum ranks fifth on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. The crazy thing about the museum is that it houses actual Viking ships that are over 1,000 years old. The level of presentation is so good that you can almost imagine the Vikings could walk right out of the museum. The best seasons to visit the place are spring and summer (May to September). If you're a history lover, you must visit this museum.

6. Fram Museum

Fram Museum ranks sixth on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. The coolest thing about the museum is that here you can see Fram Ships, a ship used for polar expeditions. And when you stand on it, you almost get the same feeling like you're part of those exciting Arctic and Antarctic adventures. To enjoy the same vibe, you can visit in any season. Winter is chilled; you will meet fewer crowds while summer has more tourists.

7. Fjellheisen Tromsø

Fjellheisen Tromsø ranks seventh on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. Here, you can enjoy the cable cars, which give you amazing views of beautiful mountains and stunning scenery. The place is good to visit in any season. In summer, you can enjoy the midnight sun, while in winter everything is covered and feels like a winter wonderland. If you love to see natural wonders, you can add this place to your list. You can enjoy the Northern Lights; the dark winter skies light up with the colors.

8. Oslofjord

Oslofjord ranks eighth on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. While Oslo is filled with many things to attract, if you don't visit Oslofjord, you lose many crazy things. It is a large inlet in southeast Norway that stretches for 100 km and leads to the Baltic Sea. There are six main islands to explore, all of which offer scenic views, hiking trails, and swimming spots. The best time to visit is during summer, from June to August.

9. Mount Ulriken

Mount Ulriken ranks ninth on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway. It is the highest of the seven mountains around Bergen, offering great views of the city and fjords. There are several different routes to reach the top of Ulriken: Start at Montana and walk the Sherpa steps and Ulriken Cable Car. Usually, people like traveling on steps. If you're planning to climb in winter, make sure to wear as the steps are slippery.

10. Preikestolen

comes last on the list of must-see tourist attractions in Norway, but it is not less than others. It is an eight-kilometer hike that starts at the Preikestolen Fjellstue mountain lodge. Completely, this roundtrip takes about four hours. There are two alternatives available to enjoy the magical sights: start walking at night or just go in the afternoon. Although you can complete the trip in any season if you're planning from November to April, you'll need special equipment and a guide.

Conclusion

Although Norway is full of adventures and stunning natural beauty, there is a lot to discover for visitors. The above 10 must-see tourist attractions in Norway are the ones that you will not miss experiencing anything exciting in this captivating country. So pack your bags and get ready to explore – Norway's beauty is waiting to amaze you!

Related blog: