C H A P T E R O N E

Elizabeths .P.O.V.

I walked out of the house with my Machette, Pistol, and Crossbow. "I'm gonna look for more people, Vanessa you keep watch of the gates." I yelled into the tree.

"Got it!" Vanessa yells back staying focused on the gates. The gates opened as I walked up to them. I gave a thumbs up and the gates closed with a slam.

2 hours later

As I'm about to turn around and go back, I hear a tree brach snap. I aim my bow and see a whole group of people.

A man in probably his 30's comes to the front he raises his hand to speak, "Just.. put your bow down, we won't hurt you."

I obey, I put my bow down against a tree along with my Pistol. "Come with-" I'm interrupted by the redneck that also had a bow. "No." He grunted.

I put a hand on my hip, "Nice bow. Horton Scout HD 125. My dad had one." I exclaimed. "Look, sir, what's your name?"

I looked at the man who had his hand across the rednecks chest. "Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Carl, Lori, Hersle, Beth, Carol, Andrea, Michonne, Judith, Amy, Merle. Dale, Sasha, T-Dog."

"My name is Elizabeth. Big group. Well, everybody, I know you guys have been through alot. We have showers, bedrooms, a whole neighborhood of people, a school, and a lake."

I heard acouple "Yes" in the back "Ok, lead the way." Rick spoke. "Ok, good. Follow me." I picked up my bow and Pistol and started walking.

Daryl's P.O.V

"Rick, really! Yer gonna trust her? She might be another Gover-" Before I finished Elizabeth interrupted.

"I've met the Governor. Sick man. Tried to kill me and take my place, almost killed im' but he ran away. Havent seen im' since." she spoke. I just brushed it off.

2 hours later

We walked up to the neighborhood she was talking about. She was right, there was probably about 20 or 30 people.

It was amazing, she had everything she told us. She first gave us something to eat then gave us swim suits. It was like the apocalypse never happened.

"Ever been swimmin' since this whole thing has started, Daryl?" She asked looking up to me. "Nobody has done anything since the apocalypse."

I grunted. She put a hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. I never saw how pretty she was. Grey-blue eyes. Woah, woah. Shut up Daryl.

"You don't have to worry about anything anymore. I promise." She sounded serious.

I nodded, before I could say anything she screamed "Ok, everyone put your bathing suits on." Rick came running up and said "I need a floaty for Judith."

She picked up a floaty and passed it to him. "Thank you so much." He put a hand on her shoulder. "My pleasure." She smiled.

"Ok, put that on and come back over here. I wanna speak to you." She paused "Alone." My heart flipped. "Ok" I grunted and walked off.

Elizabeths P.O.V

Why did I say that? I feel like he thinks I'm a creep. I waited acouple minutes and looked at my watch, 3:30 P.M

I finally stood up and starting stripping to the bathing suit under my clothes. I'm really proud of my body. Six pack, I just don't have muscle in my arms.

I turned around and saw Daryl staring. I cleared my throat and said "So you wanna swim or just stare at me?" I laughed. He just grunted.

I just smiled awkwardly and looked at him, he had those Georgia blue eyes you can get stuck in and forget about everything.

"Elizabeth?" I jumped. "Oh sorry, lost in thought." I blushed. "What do you wanna talk about?" He asked as we walked down into the water.

"As you can tell, I have muscle." I motioned to my stomach. "I wanna get arm muscles. Can you help me?" I asked pleadingly.

He took a minute to reply, but them answered. "Yeah, I'll help." He slightly smiled. "Oh my god thank you!" I smiled. "Tell me about yourself." He tilted his head to the side.

"There's nothing really, but ok. Favorite color, blue. Birthday, March 28. Age, 28. Relationship status, single. Have a crush, most definitely." I looked around the place making sure everyone is ok.

I smiled a little bit then looked back at Daryl. "Follow me!" I yelled. He seemed concerned. But he swam after me.

After swimming across the lake, we made it to a dock. I tried pulling myself up with all the strength I had. I couldn't do it.

"1... 2... 3!" I managed to pull myself up. I got up then walked to the forest that was behind the houses.

Daryl's P.O.V

We ended up at a really thick tree, it was huge. Higher than all of the other tree's.

"Why are we stopping?" I seemed irritated. "If I tell you something, you promise not to tell. Rick seems like the person who would tell everything to your group."

She pauses. "Not that I hate him!" She corrects herself. I just nodded my head. She started to climb the ladder to the tree house.

We finally got to the tree house and it was amazing up there. You could see the sunset up here. She broke the silence by speaking.

"I come up here to think. I just sit up here, smoke my problems away or I play the Guitar." She paused. "Your not like everybody else are you?"

She cleared her throat. "I couldn't but realize your uhh... scars. I-" I cut her off. "You dont know nothin' about me. You don't know the trouble I've been through to save the group."

"If it wasn't for me, they would all be DEAD!" I yelled "That's not-" I cut her off again "Oh what are you gonna say, That's not what you meant, well it sounds like it!" I screamed.

As I was about to say something else she screamed again. "What I meant to say was that you're not alone because I've been through hell all my life! This stupid ass apocalypse is nothing!" She screamed

Elizabeths P.O.V

After I screamed at Daryl, he seemed dumbfounded, unable to speak. "Leave" I learned against the wall of the treehouse.

He was about to say something I stopped him. "Say something else I will push you out." I harshly screamed.

And after that we never saw each other.

--

This is my new Daryl Dixon story and it didn't turn out how I wanted it to but this will do for now. And I have a Jacksepticeye story too and if you could read that, comment, and vote. And also tell people about me.

See you later Kitties. ✌🏼️

~Taylor