𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝

╔─━━━━━━░★░━━━━━━─╗                     ╚─━━━━━━░★░━━━━━━─╝

╔─━━━━━━░★░━━━━━━─╗
╚─━━━━━━░★░━━━━━━─╝

The next morning, Jasmine arrived early to her class, determined to address what had happened with Dr. Thompson. She wasn't about to let the incident fester or allow herself to be caught in a situation that could compromise everything she had worked for—her education, her relationship with Francesco, and the life they were building for Micheal.

As she walked into the classroom, Dr. Thompson was already there, organizing papers at his desk. He looked up when he saw her, a smile touching his lips, but Jasmine's expression remained serious as she approached him.

"Dr. Thompson," she began, her voice firm, "we need to talk about what happened yesterday."

He shifted in his seat, folding his hands in front of him. "Of course, Jasmine. What's on your mind?"

Taking a deep breath, she stood tall, her heart pounding but her resolve unshaken. "What you did yesterday was completely inappropriate. I don't want any misunderstandings going forward. That can never happen again," she stated, her voice steady. "I'm here to work and learn. I'm committed to my education, my son, and my relationship. So from now on, I'm not staying after hours or meeting one-on-one unless it's strictly professional."

Dr. Thompson's face softened into what he probably thought was an apologetic smile, but his eyes gleamed with something else entirely—something possessive, something unsettling. "Jasmine, I completely understand. I respect your boundaries. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

Jasmine raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "This is serious. If you ever cross that line again, I'll quit as your TA and report you to the university. I won't let anything compromise my career or my personal life. Is that understood?"

There was a brief silence, the air between them thick with unspoken tension. Dr. Thompson nodded, but there was a hint of something dark in his eyes, something that made Jasmine's skin crawl.

"Of course," he said smoothly. "I hear you loud and clear. It won't happen again."

But as Jasmine watched him, something in his demeanor told her he didn't really care about her boundaries. His gaze lingered a little too long, his words felt too rehearsed. Despite his outward compliance, she could sense he wasn't taking her seriously. He was fixated, and that fixation was dangerous.

Jasmine exhaled, turning on her heel to leave, but the uneasy feeling stayed with her as she exited the classroom. She had set her boundaries, and she was going to stick to them, but deep down, she knew this wasn't over. Not for him.

And that thought weighed on her as she continued with her day, hoping she could handle this without Francesco ever finding out—because if he did, it would only end in bloodshed.

             ╔─━━━━━━░★░━━━━━━─╗       
             ╚─━━━━━━░★░━━━━━━─╝