Epilogue: Journal Entry 10/12/2XXX

My Therapist said I should write my thoughts down in a journal of some kind, so...here we are. I am Thomas Miller, or "Tom" for short. I was a victim of the demonic being only known as X, being tortured in sick games based on locations on Mobius. I used to be a human being, but X put in a vessel similar to that of Silver the Hedgehog because back home, Sonic and friends are just video game characters and Silver was my favorite. 

Mobius is an...interesting planet, it's almost like Earth, or, well, my Earth at least. It's kinda mind boggling, now knowing that alternate universes exist and that the characters my friends and I used to make believe as in the backyard are real. Somedays I will wake up, expecting to hear my old alarm clock play it's infuriating tune and have to deal with another banal day at school, only to realize that life is behind me. I managed to get an apartment in Central City, it's nothing special, especially since the United Federation is still in the middle of rebuilding, but it's an improvement from what I've had to deal with for the last few years. Sometimes I find myself wondering if my parent's have moved on from my death, wonder how many Thanksgivings or  Christmases they've spent without their son. Wonder if that detective guy...Green was his name, I think, wonder if he managed to solve the Sonic.EXE murders? Well, I guess that's a silly question, X is dead, I was there to watch it happen, so I guess there's no case to solve, take that, Green! 

Let's see...oh, right! My friends are doing well, Mike and Vicky got a place for themselves in Station Square, Mike's actually planning on proposing to Vick sometime soon. Guess being tormented by an evil version of Sonic for years is a great place for romance to bloom. Roger took up Hove- Air Boarding as a career, apparently making decent money from local tournaments, good for him. I haven't heard from Kyle in a while, but last time we talked, he said he was going to do some soul-searching. Wherever he is, I hope he is doing well.

I've got a job, it's nothing special, but the Restoration needed people and I was in no position to refuse a job. I'm usually stuck doing simple delivery jobs, y'know, running this shipment here, this parcel there. It's not exactly the most riveting job in the world, but it keeps me on my feet for most of the day, so I'm not complaining. 

It seems that after X's death, I lost the limited Telekinetic powers he gave me. It's not exactly a major inconvenience, but I still sometimes reach out to float something over to me. Speaking of, I actually ran into Silver one day at work, it was kinda surreal for both of us, as I spent so long looking up to him and...well...I was made into a visage of him. He's a really cool guy, a bit naive and gullible, but an enjoyable person to be around. 

Halloween's coming up soon, and Roger wants the gang to come together for a little party. I'll try to go, but I'm not sure if the Restoration can afford to give much time off to essential workers like myself, but we'll see. 

That's about it, I'm just taking each day at a time, but it gets hard sometimes...despite it being months since Sonic freed us, I still sometimes wake up in a cold sweat, having experienced a nightmarish vision of X returning and enslaving us once more. I don't know if the rest of the group experiences these, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. 

Ok, I'm done with this, I've got to get to work.