Vol 1, Chapter 2 - A new way (First encounters with trauma)

"You should know what this is, so I suggest you follow me

"You should know what this is, so I suggest you follow me." — says the killer.

Fabian stays still, in fear of the innocents. He quickly comes to regret his rash decision.

The killer talks to Fabian; seemingly distracted momentarily.

"I've never had to face someone with a power; all of them privileged folks always ignore the small cases. You think you some kind of hero for doing this?"

Fabian. "No, I just hate when innocent people are attacked for no reason."

The killer responds angrily. "I don't appreciate your attitude or the way you look, kid..."

"...now be smart about this and remove your suit, give it to me; if you don't, this whole house and the people outside die a painful death."

Fabian is terrified at the thought of the innocents dying, who are also very much near him. The door to the hostages is in the background, left wide open. He can now hear the chains moving violently and the screams for help as they know someone has come to save them.

The killer can be heard chuckling.

"And then there's that, hero's guilt. So glad I don't give two shits about innocent lives."

Fabian removes his suit, the chest plate in his suit folds to make it smaller; Fabian throws the chest plate to the killer; the killer proceeds to wear it on his chest but to no avail; it doesn't activate. He throws it to the side afterward, away from Fabian.

"Disappointing but whatever, you try and go for it, I will fucking blow everything up. And even if you don't die, I will find comfort in the afterlife knowing you'll live with the guilt that you caused these deaths."

FLASHBACK during the training sessions:

Ahbel'u carries a military grade gun, Fabian is terrified for a moment (he's without his suit), Ahbel'u smirks; he then shoots him. Fabian puts his hands up and screams.

Ahbel'u explains:

"Our bodies tend to be bulletproof to about 96% of all weapons; the obvious exceptions being spaceship grade weapons or bazooka-like weaponry; even with the enhanced suit. But be careful, some black market weapons can still leave small wounds; however, it's like having very small rocks thrown at you as a normal person... just block your face and endure pain; you'll heal quickly."

END FLASHBACK