😭forgotten😭

**Jane's point of view frist person) (notices that Percy isnt in his room)

"Percy?" I called out, my voice echoing through the quiet house. "Percy, are you here?"

Silence.

My heart sank as I realized what had happened. Bella, my sweet, inquisitive four-year-old, had struck again. She had a knack for asking questions that could make the most patient person lose track of time, and apparently, she had done it to me once more. I had been so focused on her little world of wonder that I had forgotten to pick up Percy from school. The snow outside was coming down like a flurry of feathers thrown by an angry goose, and here he was, waiting for me for three long hours.

I grabbed my phone, the cold seeping into my hand as I hurriedly dialed his number. It rang once, twice, and then-

**Percy's point of view (answering the call)**

"Hey mom, where are you?" His voice was a mix of annoyance and sadness, the kind that only comes from being forgotten.

"Hi honey, I'm just sitting at home," I said, trying to keep the guilt out of my voice. "What's up?"

"Oh, you're at home?" Percy replied, his tone hinting at the accusation. "Well, what are you doing there?"

I sighed, glancing at the TV that had been playing in the background, and the mess of toys that surrounded my feet, a silent testament to Bella's curiosity. "I've just been watching TV, making sure your little sister doesn't get into trouble, and getting ready to make dinner. What are you doing?"

"Are you kidding me?" His voice cracked, the weight of the cold and the wait finally taking its toll. "I've been waiting at school for three hours for you to pick me up!"

**Jane (realizing her mistake)**

The words hit me like a punch to the gut. "Percy, I'm so sorry," I said, my voice trembling. "I can't believe I forgot. I've been so busy with Bella."

"It's okay," he mumbled, but I could hear the hurt in his voice. He was used to this, unfortunately. Being the middle child had its perks, but it also meant that sometimes he got lost in the shuffle.

"You know, Mila's coming home today," I said, trying to change the subject and lighten the mood. "And Simon's bringing Vera with him. We're all going to be together for winter break."

"Yeah, I know," he said, his voice perking up slightly. "But it's snowing like crazy. How am I supposed to get home?"

**Percy (getting sick and feeling forgotten)**

I leaned against the cold brick wall of the school, my teeth chattering. The snowflakes danced around me, sticking to my eyelashes and nose. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I took it out with numb fingers. It was Mom. Finally.

"Hey, Mom," I said, trying to keep the disappointment out of my voice.

"Hi, honey," she said, sounding distracted. "What's going on?"

"Are you okay?" I asked, the wind howling in the background. "You know, just been waiting at school for three hours for you to pick me up."

There was a pause on the line, and I knew she had forgotten again. It stung, but I'd gotten used to it.

"Oh, Percy," she said, her voice filled with regret. "I'm so sorry. Bella's been asking me questions about everything under the sun, and I lost track of time."

I couldn't help but feel a little sad. I missed Mila and Simon, both off living their own lives. Now, even when they were coming home, I was stuck out here in the snow.