"Stay Strong For Me..."

*Zayn’s P.O.V.*

Everything moves in slow motion. She shuts her eyes, so do I. She takes a breath in, so do I. “Zayn?” Louis shouts curiously from the stairwell leading up to the roof. I wrap my arms around the girl in front of me and move my lips next to her ear.

“I’ll be back in an hour, if you’re not here and I see you on the pavement,” I trail off, trying not to think about what would happen.

“You up here mate?” Harry calls next.

“Yeah,” I stop and look at her one last time before jogging over to the stairs. A sliver of light spills over them from the cracked doorway at their base. Louis' head pokes out, Harry’s just above his, and I can hear the muffled sound of Niall and Liam bickering behind them.

“Well you’ve been up there long enough,” Louis comments, opening the door wide enough for me to slip through.

“I’m just taking in the city,” I explain sliding between the door and its frame.

“We’re only here for two days, what’s the point?” Harry questions, the door slamming shut behind us.

“We’re here for two days.” I respond with a wink, causing a slightly confused look to cross Harry’s face.

“Whatever you say mate,” Harry briefly places his hand on my shoulder, “you alright?”

“Yeah, just needed to clear my head a little,” I smile reassuringly.

“Great, Louis was just kicking Liam’s arse at FIFA.”  He says, running over and clapping Liam and Louis on their backs.

“When doesn’t Louis kick Liam’s arse at FIFA?” I ask frivolously.

“That one time when Louis was half asleep,” Liam recalls, obviously satisfied with himself.

“Actually I think I won that one,” Louis ponders.

“No, he won.” Niall chips in happily.

“Sorry mate, he beat you.” I pat Louis on the back and join Niall walking in the front.

“Why are you so happy all of a sudden?” Niall eyes me suspiciously.

“I don’t know, I guess I just needed to get some fresh air.” I smile to myself.

“I don’t think all that smoke is exactly fresh air.”

“Well sometimes I just need to damage my lungs; it takes my thoughts away from all the screaming closing in around me.”

“I feel you mate, sometimes I feel like they’re going to run me over.”

“I had a dream about that once,” I shudder at the memory.

“I think we all have.” We take a short ride in the lift down to our floor, which we luckily don’t pick up any crazed fans on the way.

“Who’s playing next?” Louis questions.

“Me!” Harry and Niall shout simultaneously.

“Whoever gets there first is player 1!” I yell as the doors open. Niall takes off first, harry soon following. Niall dashes through my open door triumphantly, whooping in excitement.

“You gonna play at all?” Liam asks me while he Louis and I stroll down the hallway slowly.

“I actually thought I’d spend some time on twitter.” I reply, trying to remember what bag I’d put my laptop in. They both exchange strange looks. By the time the three of us make it to my room, Harry and Niall are already threatening each other. I walk over to the other side of the room and begin search through the first bag I see, finding the device quickly. I open the lid swiftly, watching Liam and Louis choosing which side they think will win. I open up the internet and log onto twitter, clicking on the tweet box to begin typing.