"Don't."

*Jezabell’s P.O.V.*

“Are you gonna jump?” The voice asks, I can instantly tell that he’s British, but I choose to ignore it, there are foreign people everywhere.

“I was planning on it.” I say, suddenly reluctant to push myself over the edge.

“Can you not do that for me? I’ve been having a rough couple of days and I don’t want to make it worse by feeling guilty for not saving you.” His voice has an indescribable tone, and I can’t quite tell what emotion lies behind his words.

“So you’re asking me not to jump for your benefit?” I question defensively, wanting to jump again just to piss this stranger off.

“Well, I’m sure your friends wouldn’t be very happy if you did it either.”

“What friends?” I snap, his words only pushing me closer to my death.

“What about your parents?”

“Never cared, never will. My mom blames everything on me, so if I’m gone, all her problems are solved.”

“What about your dad?”

“Left my mom, she blames me for that too, and for the fact that she can’t keep a boyfriend.”

“How about, erm, teachers?” I can tell he’s desperate to find someone who cares about me.

“I’m failing all of my classes, I have no future. They’d be happy; all I do is bring their class averages down.”

“I’d care.” He states.

“For a grand total of one person! You don’t even know me, and if you did, you wouldn’t be saying that.” I reply coldly.

“Then how about I get to know you, and then I can decide if I care or not.” He suggests, probably proud of himself for coming up with the idea.

“It won’t work; you’ll be so set on liking me that you’ll look past all the things that make me unlikable.”

“But that means that there are things to look passed to.” He answers, finding a loophole in my wording.

“Only things that are even less likable. It won’t take you long to realize that there isn’t a single thing to like about me.”

“I feel the same way sometimes, but I have four best mates who help see what’s good.”

“And I have no friends, which just proves that I don’t have anything good.”

“What’s the worst thing about you?” He asks, and I can already see where he is trying to go with this.

“I’m completely hopeless. Not only in the fact that I have no future but because I have no hope in myself, which makes me the most depressing person to be around. The sadness around me gets annoying which makes me annoying, another one of my worst traits, closely followed by weird. I’m different in every way, I’m never in to anything other people like, which just makes me hard to be around because I have no idea what anyone else is talking about, nor do they know wh.”

“I get it,” He cuts me off.

“Get what?”

“One bad thing leads into another and it’s just an endless string of flaws, never leading to something good and always to something bad.” His voice gets closer and I see him lean against the ledge next to me from the corner of my eye.

“That’s pretty much it.” I watch as he pulls a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, takes one out and sticks it in his mouth.

“So why don’t you try looking at something good and lead from one good thing to another?” He takes out a lighter and drags the flame up to the end of his cigarette.