Chapter three

Beyoncé's world tilted. Lyric? The name hit her like a lightning bolt.

She dropped to her knees beside the unconscious girl, her eyes wide with disbelief. "Kelly, Solange... look at her. Look at her face."

Kelly, Solange, and Angie looked closer, their eyes widening in shock. The girl's features were unmistakable—she bore an eerie resemblance to Beyoncé. And then there was the necklace around her neck, a custom-made diamond necklace that Beyoncé recognized immediately.

"Oh my God," Angie whispered, her hand covering her mouth. "Beyoncé, that's... that's the necklace, isn't it?"

Beyoncé reached out with trembling hands, brushing the girl's hair away from her face to get a better look at the necklace. Tears welled up in her eyes as she traced the familiar design. It was the necklace she had given her twins—the one she thought she would never see again.

"This can't be real," Beyoncé whispered, her voice trembling. "It's impossible... but it's right here."

Solange placed a comforting hand on her sister's shoulder. "Bey, this is... I don't even know what to say. But we need to get her help, fast."

Just then, the boy who had been trying to wake Lyric looked up and recognized Beyoncé. His eyes widened in disbelief. "You're... you're Beyoncé. And she... she looks just like you."

Corey's mind spun with confusion and fear. The woman standing before him was a legend, and the resemblance between her and Lyric was undeniable. But what did it mean? And why did he feel a growing sense of dread in his gut?

Before Beyoncé could respond, Kelly called out, "We need to get her medical attention. Someone call for help, now!"

Beyoncé nodded, still in shock but knowing they couldn't waste any more time. As they carefully lifted Lyric to carry her to safety, Beyoncé couldn't tear her eyes away from the necklace. Her heart ached with a mixture of hope and fear, every part of her desperate to believe that this girl might be the daughter she had lost so long ago.

_________________

Hours later, Lyric was stabilized and transferred to a nearby hospital. Beyoncé, Solange, Kelly, and Angie followed closely behind, their emotions raw and on edge. The sterile, cold environment of the hospital contrasted sharply with the warmth of the resort they had just left.

As they waited outside Lyric's room, Beyoncé's mind raced. She couldn't shake the image of the necklace, and the resemblance was undeniable. This girl—Lyric—could very well be her daughter. But how? Why hadn't she been found before now?

A nurse approached them, her expression professional but kind. "Ms. Knowles, you're here for the girl who was brought in from the resort?"

"Yes," Beyoncé replied, her voice barely above a whisper. "How is she?"

"She's stable, but she's had a significant collapse. We're running tests to determine the cause, but it seems she may have some underlying health issues that need to be addressed. Has she experienced anything like this before?"

Beyoncé shook her head, tears filling her eyes. "I don't... I don't know. I've never seen her before today. But... she might be my daughter. I need to know if she's my daughter."

The nurse's eyes softened with understanding. "We can arrange for a DNA test, but we'll need the girl's consent, as she's a minor."

"I'll talk to her," Beyoncé said, determination steeling her voice. "She needs to know the truth."

The nurse nodded. "She's awake now. You can go in, but I must warn you—she's very confused and upset."

Beyoncé braced herself and entered the room, her heart pounding. Lyric was sitting up in bed, looking pale and disoriented. Corey was by her side, his expression a mix of worry and anger. When Lyric saw Beyoncé, her eyes narrowed with hostility.