•Prologue •

The delivery room was filled with a soft, calming glow, the kind that only hospital lights could create. Beyoncé's breaths were shallow and rapid, her face flushed with the intensity of labor. Shawn held her hand tightly, his other hand brushing her hair back as he whispered words of encouragement.

"Just a bit more, Beyoncé," the doctor said, her voice calm and reassuring despite the urgency of the situation. "You're doing great."

Shawn's eyes were locked on Beyoncé's, filled with both love and anxiety. "You've got this. I'm right here with you."

With a final, determined push, the room was suddenly filled with the loud, piercing cry of a newborn. Beyoncé's tears of relief mingled with the sweat on her face as the doctor gently handed the baby to a waiting nurse.

"Congratulations," the doctor said, her smile wide. "You have a beautiful baby girl."

Shawn's face lit up with joy. "A girl! I can't believe it."

But before they could fully savor the moment, the doctor's next words brought a fresh wave of surprise. "Actually, Beyoncé, there's something else."

Beyoncé's heart raced as she looked up. "What do you mean?"

The nurse returned, cradling another tiny bundle in her arms. "It seems there's a second baby."

Shawn's eyes widened in shock as he looked from the nurse to Beyoncé. "Twins? We only saw one on the ultrasound!"

Beyoncé, equally astonished, could hardly believe her eyes as the nurse gently placed the second baby—a boy—into her arms. "Twins? How is this possible?"

 "Twins? How is this possible?"

The nurse smiled warmly. "Sometimes ultrasounds can miss things. But here they are: a boy and a girl."

Beyoncé's tears of surprise and joy mingled as she looked at the two tiny faces in her arms. "I can't believe it. Our family just got twice as wonderful."

Shawn leaned in, his eyes misty. "They're perfect. Welcome to the world, Lyric and Corey."

The twins' first birthday was a grand celebration, marked by a lavish party that filled their home with laughter and joy. Beyoncé's best friend, Kelly Rowland, and her mother, Tina Knowles, were there to help make the day special.

Kelly, holding Lyric as Beyoncé carefully placed a delicate diamond necklace around her neck, marveled at how quickly the twins had grown. "Look at her, Beyoncé. She's so beautiful. This necklace is perfect."

Tina, assisting Shawn with Corey, admired the matching necklace. "They're growing up so fast. These necklaces will be a cherished keepsake."

Beyoncé smiled as she adjusted the necklace on Lyric, the diamond sparkling with her daughter's name. "These will remind them of how much they're loved."

As Beyoncé prepared for her return to the stage, the twins had settled into a peaceful routine. The excitement of the tour was palpable, but so was the tranquility of their home. Beyoncé and Shawn had a few precious moments of normalcy before their world was shattered.

One evening, as Beyoncé sang a soothing lullaby to the twins in their nursery, a soft but persistent doorbell rang through the house. Shawn, who was in the living room catching up on work, paused and looked up.

"Did you hear that?" Shawn asked, his voice laced with confusion.

Beyoncé, cradling Lyric and Corey, glanced at the clock. "It's time for their last feeding. I'll check on it."

As Beyoncé placed the babies in their cribs and went to answer the door, the atmosphere in the house seemed to change. The doorbell rang again, louder this time, but when Beyoncé opened the door, no one was there. A chilly breeze swept through, leaving her with a sense of unease.

"Hello?" she called out, but there was no response.

Returning to the nursery, Beyoncé noticed that something was off. The room felt too quiet. She turned on the light and her heart sank as she saw the cribs—empty. Panic surged through her.

"Shawn!" she cried out, her voice trembling.

Shawn rushed to her side, his face pale with fear. "What's wrong?"

"The babies—they're gone!" Beyoncé's voice cracked with desperation.

They searched frantically through the house, their hearts pounding with each room they checked. Every corner seemed to mock their growing fear. The nursery was eerily still, the absence of their children more pronounced with each passing second.

"Where could they be?" Shawn's voice was barely a whisper.

Just then, a faint rustling sound from behind them caught their attention. They turned, but it was too late. Ashley, a familiar face from Beyoncé's dance troupe, had slipped out of sight, leaving behind an ominous note.

Beyoncé picked up the note, her hands shaking. The message was scrawled in hurried handwriting: "The twins are mine now."

Shawn's face went white. "Ashley? But why?"

Beyoncé's tears fell freely now, her body trembling. "I don't understand. What's happening?"

The police were called immediately, and the search for Lyric and Corey began with intense urgency

The police were called immediately, and the search for Lyric and Corey began with intense urgency. The house was swarming with officers, the tension palpable. Beyoncé and Shawn clung to each other, their world unraveling as they faced the unimaginable.

The search for their children revealed layers of secrets and betrayals, as Ashley's motives slowly came to light. The journey ahead would be filled with twists and turns, but for now, Beyoncé and Shawn were left grappling with the void left by their missing twins.