004 - 𝓛𝓾𝓷𝓪

It had been a week since The Santos' arrival in Grimmauld Place.

Harry had gone to trial and was pronounced non-guilty, explaining all about how Dumbledore had made an epic intervention. Alara had had two good food days, and a couple of extreme panic attacks, all of which she'd successfully hidden.

The teens were sat in Fred, George, and Alejandro's room. They had retreated there after receiving their Hogwarts materials letter.

Turns out Ron and Hermione were Prefects. Alara - along with Harry - felt slightly excluded from the glory. Mrs. Weasley had made a huge fuzz about Ron being a Prefect, jumping around happily.

Meanwhile, Alara had gotten a full list of materials and books she should bring to Hogwarts.

"I'll take you two to Diagon Alley when I go pick up Ron's broom in an hour or so," Mrs. Weasley informed the twins, smiling at her son from across the room. Mrs Weasley exited the room and Alara let out a loud, dramatic yawn escape her lips. She lay on the cold floor on her back, chatting with the others while picking at her cuticles subconsciously. Ginny sat on the floor nearby, her back against the bed, giggling with Hermione as the latter ran her fingers through the redhead's hair. Ron sat beside Ginny while cackling loudly at something Alara had just said. Harry paced around while Alejandro, Fred, and George sat on the bed, bouncing on it obnoxiously.

"What's Diagon Alley," Alejandro voiced from the bed, looking over at the two redheads before him for answers. Alara listened for the response, curious about what the answer would be. Judging by the fact that Mrs. Weasley was buying a broom there, it might've been some kind of shop for magic items.

"It this, well, alley," George started to say, getting interrupted by his twin, who finished the sentence. "With many shops for all our school stuff and other magic things."

Mrs. Weasley had taken them to Diagon Alley later in the day.

She'd first taken them to their vault in the Wizard bank called Gringotts. Alara was flabbergasted. 

She watched the thick door swing open and a ginormous pile of coins was revealed behind it. She gaped at it and Alejandro let out an astounded gasp. Unbeknownst to them, they'd been quite rich. Well, their parents anyway. Their savings had been combined with the money of all the sold belongings that were in the house and the house itself, which Dumbledore assured had been sold to a good family.

"This is ours?" Alara murmured, turning to a shocked-looking Mrs. Weasley, who simply nodded her head.

"Right then," Alejandro breathed, walking into the chamber, grabbing a handful of coins and shoving them in his coin purse. Alara followed, grabbing some extra since there were loads more. 

She could buy anything she wanted now, she was free.

She bought all the things from the school list. She then decided to buy a cat. Why? It was the cutest most beautiful baby cat she'd seen in her life.

Alejandro had insisted he wanted an owl, so they went to the menagerie on the alley.

"Don't you want an owl, dear?" Mrs Weasley asked, Alara as Alejandro looked around. Alara shook her head. 

She had no one to owl. 

"Why don't you just look around?" The redheaded woman insisted, giving the green-eyed girl a gentle push. Alara reluctantly stepped forward towards the cages before her, looking into them.

She looked at the owls for a while, until she heard a quiet meow. She walked towards the source, finding a small blue-eyed kitten with fluffy black fur. Her expression softened immediately, instinctively reaching her fingers through the cage to pet its soft fur. The kitten melted into her touch, its meowing stopped and it started to purr.