007 - 𝓡𝓸𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼

"Is your ass gonna tell me which one of the twins' friends you're in love with?" Alara questioned the second Professor McGonagall was out of earshot, excited to know the answer. Alejandro stay silent for a second, wondering what made him bring the subject up in the first place.

"Angelina..." He said quietly, pretending to be interested in a massive painting hung on the hallway wall to their left. 

"Haven't met her," Alara said in response, intrigued to hear more since this was her brother's 'love'. "Yet."

Alejandro said nothing, hoping the conversation would be left that.

"Is she pretty?" Alara asked softly, nearing the bustling noise of the Great Hall. Alejandro walked slower, seeming to be deep in thought, though responding almost immediately.

"Very."

"Hm."

Alara entered the Great Hall and it was... well, great. It was a large hall with four long tables for each one of the houses, and a smaller one at the back up some steps for the professors. The ceiling was littered with floating candles, a detail that did not distract from the fact that the ceiling had been enchanted to look just like the night sky above. Today, gloomy with clouds.

She felt anxiety and embarrassment overwhelmingly run through her as she stepped in, eyes immediately landing on her. She stayed right behind Alejandro, finding comfort in his presence. 

"That's the Gryffindor table," Alara said to him over the chatter of the room. She referred to the table furthest to the right, noticing that the students who sat there had red and gold ties. Alejandro said nothing, leading the way confidently, closely followed by Alara. Alara attempted to look intimidating and confident and was not sure it had worked.

As they approached the table she saw Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, the twins, and Lee, sitting nearby surrounded by unknown faces. All their faces lit up when they saw the Santos walking towards them.

"Aye!" Ron exclaimed happily, giving them both a high five as Alara sat down between the youngest redheaded boy and her brother. 

"Hello my fellow Gryffindors," Alara greeted with a smile, fleetingly meeting eyes with an excited-looking Ginny and a smiley Hermione. God her smile was so cute.

"Alara, this is Angelina," Fred introduced, referring to a gorgeous black-skinned girl with small, long braids sitting next to him, diagonally across the table from where Alara was sitting. She understood her brother immediately.

"You're absolutely stunning, holy fuck!" Alara called to her with a smile. The girl's eyes lit up at the compliment.

"You cannot be talking, my God," She squealed, with the sweetest smile. Fred and George mocked the girls' giggles. Alara leaned over to her brother.

"I approve," she whispered quietly in his ear and he nodded. Alara let out a chuckle when she saw Hermione eyeing her suspiciously from across the table, at which she winked.

Dinner was a lot. Alara listened to all Hermione was saying about the Ministry infiltrating Hogwarts because Umbridge was there and the whole talk about Cedric dying, but she couldn't get a word out. She was afraid if she opened her mouth she might yack everywhere. The smell of a room full of food was overwhelming, and so was the noise of people chewing.

Surprisingly, she managed to eat a little bit, though tears threatened to spill when she swallowed. Her stomach seemed to be okay for now, which brought relief over her, just as Dumbledore, the Headmaster, sent them off to bed. 

"Are you okay?" A soft voice said. The group of Gryffindors solely consisting of Ginny, Neville, Alara, and Harry walked down a crowded hallway toward Gryffindor Tower. Hermione and Ron had gone to 'carry out prefect duties' while Alara's brother, the twins, and Angelina had gotten lost in the crowd of students. Alara turned her head to see the person speaking was Ginny and her mood lightened.