2

Wynter Gabriel Castillo Del Rosario

As soon as I opened my eyes, everything around me was a blur of pain and confusion. My head felt heavy, as if a thousand needles were stabbing through my skull, and each breath I took sent a burning ache deep into my ribs. My entire body screamed in protest when I tried to move, each muscle rebelling against even the smallest attempt at motion.

Nasaan ako?

The room I found myself in was dimly lit, casting long, eerie shadows that seemed to loom over me. The cold walls were unfamiliar—sterile, almost clinical in their appearance. There was no window, no sunlight streaming in to give me any sense of time or place. The only light came from a small, flickering lamp in the corner of the room, its weak glow barely illuminating my surroundings.

I was lying on a bed that felt hard and uncomfortable, the sheets rough against my skin. My body ached as I shifted, the fabric brushing over my bruises in a way that made me wince. I looked down at my wrists and ankles, the skin marred with angry, purple bruises—evidence of Katarina’s iron grip.

Katarina.

The name echoed in my mind, each syllable laced with terror. She took me again. She found me. My heart started racing, the fear twisting my stomach into knots as the reality of my situation sunk in. I wasn’t in my apartment anymore. I wasn’t free.

I tried to sit up again, gasping as pain shot through my ribs. My chest tightened with every shallow breath, and I could feel the panic creeping in, threatening to consume me. I had to get out. I couldn’t stay here. I had to find a way to escape.

I glanced down at myself, and that’s when I noticed the thin nightgown I was wearing. My face flushed with embarrassment and confusion. This wasn’t what I had been wearing. The last thing I remembered, I was in an oversized sweater, something that gave me comfort, safety.

Sino'ng nagpalit ng damit ko?

The thought made my stomach turn. The idea that Katarina had undressed me, touched me while I was unconscious, made me feel sick.

Kasuka.

My skin crawled as I tried to wrap my mind around what had happened, but the pain in my body made it impossible to focus. I felt exposed, vulnerable.

I forced myself to stand, biting back the cry of pain as my legs wobbled beneath me. My entire body felt like it had been through a war. I clung to the bed for support, my mind racing as I scanned the room for any sign of a way out. There was a door, but it was heavy, solid wood—no window, no weak points that I could see. The only window in the room was high up on the wall, far out of my reach.

Panic surged through me.

Oh God, I’m trapped. I’m really trapped.

"Hello?" My voice cracked, weak and shaky as I called out into the silence. "Is anyone there?"

No answer. Just the oppressive quiet, broken only by the sound of my own ragged breathing. I stumbled toward the door, heart hammering in my chest as I grabbed the handle and pulled. Locked. Of course, it was locked. I pounded on the door with what little strength I had, my fists throbbing with every hit.

"Katarina!" I screamed, desperation clawing at my throat. "Let me out! Please!"

But no one answered. The room seemed to close in on me, the air thick with fear. Tears burned at the corners of my eyes, but I fought them back. I couldn’t afford to break down now. I needed to stay strong. I needed to think, to find a way out.

I forced myself back to the bed, my body shaking as I curled up, hugging my knees to my chest. Memories of the last time Katarina had held me captive flooded my mind—her cold touch, the way she whispered promises laced with threats. She had always been like that—controlling, manipulative, using my fear against me.