|prologue|

I swiftly made my way to the candy shop that was right across my clinic and made sure to change out of my scrubs and wear a mask. The thought of having sweets in my mouth and drinking chocolate frappes elated my tired mind and energized my overworked body.

I stepped inside the store and got a whiff of the sweet air around me and happily wandered around to see what was new when a familiar voice called out to me.

"Doc?" the male voice said.

I abruptly stopped my pace in a rather awkward way and had no choice but to turn around and face this person.

"So it is you, how are you doing? I never knew you would come to a place like this." he cheerfully babbled as I stood there completely frozen at the sight of the person I just saw.

"Mingyu, it's you. I'm fine, I just went inside to take a look." I painfully smiled back at his bright face that still continued to smile at me...like a fool.

"Is it for you? Or is it for someone else?" he questioned as if trying to pry a certain answer from me.

I laughed nervously and lied to him ultimately "it's for my mom."

I quickly diverted my attention to the stack of candy that was beside me and started fiddling with it, acting like I was thinking of what to buy for her. I took a quick glance to check if he was leaving, but that wasn't the case at all. He just stood there guarding like a dog.

"Can I recommend you a few things for your mom?" he impassively said to me as if not being able to tell that I wanted him to get lost.

"Sure, what do you think would be best for a middle aged woman like her?" At this moment I just gave up on getting rid of him and listened.

"New things just arrived at the back and haven't been put on shelf yet, do you wanna check?"

The smile he was giving me was still the same yet...different. I just couldn't put my finger as to what made it so.

"Am I even allowed to go in there?"

His eyes glazed at me up and down before answering me quite sheepishly.

"Of course, you are my dentist after all, Dr. Jeon."

Stepping inside that room alone with him, was truly a BIG mistake.