|ouch|

It took me a few days to finally stop denying that I have a potential hole on one of my teeth somewhere and that I had to look for a dentist to get it fixed. I never had any problems with my teeth before---well that is until I started eating lollipops, which I don't necessarily even like that much. My mouth just seemed a bit lonely after I quit smoking. The pain increasingly got worse day by day that I had to skip work for a few nights and stayed at home rolling in bed alone in immense pain. As I was just about to knock myself out with a few cans of beer to temporarily subdue the pain, I got a call from my subordinate.

"Mingyu? Are you still unwell?"

"I'm afraid so Vernon."

"Is the pain that bad? Sorry, I had to call to remind you to check your emails and go through the orders we have for the next few months, I needed them signed by tomorrow."

"Is that so? I'll get to it then."

"And about that tooth of yours, I can recommend you to a dentist I know. He's good apparently."

"He's not your dentist?"

"No, he's my sister's. She got her braces there and is very much charmed by him. She isn't even showing me a picture, afraid that I might purposely knock a tooth out just to see him."

"He must be very good looking then? I'll take your word for it, please send me the name and address. Okay, have a good night."

The beer that was sitting on my nightstand was now warm. Not a fan of warm beer, so I had to give a pass to that now. I went to check the emails he told me about and did what I was just told. Our shops have been getting a lot of orders lately since we added a few more items and advertised more on different platforms. You could say that our brand has now become one of the staples in the city.

After going through work, I checked the clinic that he suggested and was surprised to see that it was just right across from our shop.

"Well isn't that funny? a candy shop and a dental clinic, right across each other. What are the odds."

I saved the address and made an online request for a check-up schedule.

"Wow they're packed. Are they really that good?"

I went ahead to check the dentists that were listed on their official website and scrolled through the profiles that were posted there.

"Hmmmm let's see, everyone has a picture except for the person that Vernon suggested. Dr. Jeon?"

Reading through his profile, I could totally say that he was credible and that he was very much skilled judging from the amount of good reviews that he got. Which by the way, came mostly from women.

"Hmmm I guess I'll be getting the first-class experience then."

Two days after I sent them the request, I got a call from the clinic telling me that I could come earlier as they had an opening and were asking if I was willing to take it. I said yes of course. The pain was enough to fog up my mind. I had very little expectations of the service though I've read the reviews. I figured maybe those were just exaggerations, written by infatuated women that he had treated. I just wanted the pain to be over with. I don't even care if he pulls the whole damn tooth out for as long as the pain is gone.

I changed my clothes and immediately went to the clinic. The clinic was definitely grand and well designed. Everyone who was there, wore uniforms that made them really look professional and trusthworthy.

"Sir Kim? Are you here for the 8 o'clock appointment? I'm Seungkwan, the receptionist."

"Yes, I was called here as there was an opening today?"

"Yes, yes the dentist will be ready soon. Please follow me this way."

The pain was still making me groggy. It felt like my head was about to split open any second. Never knew a toothache could be this bad. Never gonna eat sweets again after this.

I entered the area where Dr. Jeon was appointed.

The second I saw him, I wasn't sure if it was the toothache or the obvious pounding of my heart that made me feel nervous that time. But before I could manage to gather my thoughts and greet him, my mouth beat me to it.

"Fuck."

I widened my eyes in shock after saying such a thing to a total stranger. I straightened my back and cleared my throat to ease the tension that I stupidly made by accident-----wait...didn't this happen before already? Anyways, gotta straighten this out first.

"Dr. Jeon?"

All this time he has been staring at me with weary eyes, but was kind enough to put on a smile after what I just said.

"Sir Kim? Have a seat."

That was the start of it all.