Club Lights

Chapter 4 - Club Lights

The club throbbed with energy, the bass vibrating through my entire body. Ruby clutched my hand tightly as she navigated us through the crowd.

Jax had a work emergency and urged me to join my new co-workers for a night out. I was surprised they let me into the club, but it seemed like no one bothered to check my ID when I stood next to burly Sam.

The atmosphere was electric, and even though I felt a bit out of place among the vibrant crowd, I was grateful to have Ruby by my side. She was in her element, dancing and laughing, her bright red hair shining under the strobe lights. It was contagious, and I found myself loosening up, letting the rhythm take over.

"Come on, let's get a drink!" Ruby shouted over the music, leaning in closer to me so I could hear her. I nodded, following her to the bar where the bartenders were skillfully mixing drinks and serving shots.

As we squeezed through the throngs of people, I caught glimpses of various groups dancing, some lost in the music and others just enjoying each other's company. This seemed like the place you could get lost in.

Once we reached the bar, Ruby leaned against the counter, her eyes scanning the drink menu. "What do you want?" she shouted, her enthusiasm infectious. I was still getting used to the idea of being out like this, but the atmosphere was starting to sweep me off my feet.

"Surprise me!" I replied with a grin, feeling adventurous.

Ruby flashed me a thumbs-up and ordered a couple of colorful cocktails. The bartender, a tattooed guy with a friendly smile, quickly whipped them up and slid them across the bar to us. "Here you go, ladies! Enjoy!"

We clinked our glasses together, and I took a sip of my drink. It was sweet and refreshing, a perfect complement to the lively environment. "This is amazing!" I exclaimed, my spirits lifting even higher.

"Right?!" Ruby beamed, taking a big gulp of her drink. "Now let's hit the dance floor!"

We abandoned our spot at the bar and made our way back into the crowd, the bass thumping in sync with my heartbeat. As we danced, I let the music take control, moving my body freely. This felt good, just letting go and having fun.

"I'm so glad you came out" Ruby shouted over the music

"I know, right?" I laughed, spinning around to face her. "I'm having the time of my life!"

Ruby twirled around, her hair flying like a banner in the vibrant lights. "This is what it's all about—letting loose and having fun! We work hard, so we deserve nights like this!"

I nodded, feeling the weight of the past few weeks begin to lift. The worries about my new job, the awkwardness of my breakup, and the uncertainty of my future seemed to fade away with each beat of the music. It was just me, Ruby, and the rhythm of the night.

As we danced, I spotted Caleb and Sam approaching us, drinks in hand and mischievous smirks on their faces.

"Look who it is, the dancing queens!" Sam called out, his voice booming over the music as he swaggered toward us, Caleb trailing behind with a playful grin.

"Having a blast, I see!" Caleb added, raising his drink in a mock toast.

Ruby laughed and pulled me closer, "Of course! We're just getting started! Did you get the stuff?"