At Home

I got home and heard my mom cleaning the kitchen, so I went in to greet her and see her reaction to me in detention.

Me: Hey Mom.

Mom: Hey sweetie. How was school?

Me: It was interesting. There is this new girl who I like. She is tough but complains a lot. Did Rhyme tell you what happened?

Mom: Yes, she did and I am disappointed in you. We had an agreement but I'm also proud of you for defending your family.

Me: Thanks Mom and again I am so sorry. She said that Daddy killed himself to be away from me and I just lost it. 

Mom: I understand. Remember that he loved you more than anything. I think he loved you more than me.

Me: (chuckled) Thanks Mommy.

Mom: OH, Dylan came by and wanted me to give you this. She said to call her when you get it so you can listen to it together. (hands me a flash drive)

Me: Okay. I'll be in my room.

Dylan is my best friend who moved away. She is only like two hours away but it's still pretty far. I get to my room and Facetime Dylan.

Dylan: Hey girlie. Did your mom give it to you?

Me: Hey babes. Yeah, she did. What is it?

Dylan: It's a few songs I wrote for you. Play it so I can see your reaction to it.

Me: Okay. (puts in the flash drive) 

I got done listening to the songs. I was crying on the phone and thankful I had a best friend that I could always count on.

Dylan: So, did you like the songs?

Me: I love the songs. You are the best friend I could ever ask for Dyl.

Dylan: Like the last song I made, even when you gone, I feel you. I love you so much. Even if I moved 2 hours away, you can always count on me to come.

Me: What would I do without you?

Dylan: Probably be in jail right now.

Me: True.

Dylan: So, how was school?

I told her about everything that happened from my fight to detention and saying she was shocked about me singing and dancing was an understatement.

Dylan: Are you serious? First off, you were in detention with Charlie Delgado. The same Charlie you've been in love with since 7th grade.

Me: I wouldn't say in love with but yeah him.

Dylan: And then you sang and danced again?! The first time in 3 years without me around? I feel like I'm getting replaced.

Me: Ain't nobody replacing you trust me. Also, it was just a spur of the moment. I felt like my dad was around telling me to try singing again. But I doubt it would happen again without you. 

Dylan: That's a relief because guess who is moving back?

Me:(gasp) You better not be joking.

Dylan: Nope. That's why I was at your house earlier. We just moved back today but had to go back to get a few more items. I will be at school tomorrow.

Me: This is the best news I've received in 3 years. 

Dylan: I'm glad but I gotta go before Caden comes in and tells me to help him with something.

Me: Okay. I'll see you tomorrow Dyl.

Dylan: See you tomorrow. P4L

Me: P4L

We hung up. We love watching Outer Banks and determine ourselves as pogues even though we have money. So every time we leave each other or hang up, we always say P4L. I ran out of my room and went into Rhyme's room to tell her the news.

Me:(bursts into Rhyme's room) GUESS WHAT?!

Rhyme: You could knock but what?

Me: Dylan and Caden are moving back! They going to be at school tomorrow!

Rhyme: That's awesome. You can have your best friends back and not cause trouble so much.

Me: One step at a time but basically yeah. Now I got homework to do. Love you mean it.

Rhyme: Hate you kidding.

I went back to my room and started my homework while listening to the songs Dylan made for me. By the time I was done, it was time to get ready for bed. I ate dinner, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and went to bed. Not knowing what tomorrow would bring.

A/N Dylan Conrique and Caden Conrique will make their appearance as Melony's best friends for the rest of the story. Good morning, evening, or night depending on where you are.