Deal? Deal.

It was the second week of summer vacation. Aurora was scrolling on her phone, looking at pictures of cute couples...

"It's like they're making fun of us single people...", she grumbled and closed her phone, then put it on her nightstand. She sat down on her bed with a sigh. "Cupids must really hate me!", Aurora thought aloud. She looked out the window. It was raining hard. "This is such a boring day! What am I supposed to do? Read?? Yeah, no, reading is for nerds... single nerds... Besides, they only ever write about romance nowadays!" She groaned and threw herself face-first into the pillow. "But then... it would be nice to have someone to hold me..." She mumbled into her soft pillow.

Aurora was one of those girls that fell in love easily. Why is she still single, then? Because, our girl here is also one of those girls that only fall for the wrong people. But, of course, she thinks it's just because of her red hair and freckles that no one likes her.

She wrapped her arms around her pillow, hugging it to her chest as she rolled onto her side. "When will I ever find someone?!", she screamed into her pillow. "Am I really that ugly...?", she asked aloud.

"I've seen worse.", said a voice from above. It was a boy's voice all right. He sounded like he rolled his eyes when he said that. She looked up at him with her sky-blue eyes (Yes, not orbs).

A slim figure with messy chestnut hair was perched on top of her wardrobe. He carried a pair of pale yellow, feathery wings on his back.

"Oh, hi... didn't see you there.", she sighed as she sat up properly and fixed her hair. She was too tired to care that there was a boy with wings on her wardrobe, so she just accepted the situation. "What are you doing up there...?", she asked, wiping the tears that had formed in her eyes in her small tantrum. 

"Well, I am going to stay with you until I find your assigned lover, wait until you fall in love, then I will shoot you both with a love arrow.", he smirked.

"Oh, so you're a cupid!", she exclaimed with obviously fake excitement. "Where have you been all this time?", she asked, crossing her arms to her chest.

"Matching up other people. There aren't enough cupids for everyone! But now it's your turn, so be happy.", he said, shrugging.

"Okay, fine, I'll be happy, once you finally find me a guy!", she sighed.

"Aight, fine!" He jumped off the wardrobe and stretched out his arm, to shake hands. "If I don't find you a guy by the end of the year, I'll give you whatever you want. Well, except my death-", he said sheepishly. 

"Okay, and if you DO find a guy, what do I have to do?", she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Then... you'll buy me an ice cream!", he smiled. "Deal?"

She chuckled and shook his hand. "Deal."

Author's note: I have no idea what I am doing :')

~505 words~