Erika

"Don't you worry my dear. The heavens are watching. You will never be alone. Always watched. Forever." "My Mom used to tell me this before going to sleep, not sure if she was comforting or threatening me though." Monika laughed. "Sounds really creepy" Erika replied. Her tone was as monotone as ever though. "Right?" Monika grinned at her. The two where best friends for as long as Monika could remember. They where inseparable as children and even now. Erika was her best and sometimes only friend and she was happy with that. She really was. It's just, sometimes, she feels isolated. She knows that's stupid. Erika is always there, always watching over her. 'Maybe she is from heaven, like mamma said, 'Heaven is watching me' just not from up above'. They continued their walk to school when they heard the sound of a horn and then screeching. This was her only warning before everything went black. When she woke up, she was in a white room, in a bed. A hospital. Before she could question what was happening the memories came back to her, flashing before her eyes. She turned around at the sound, barely able to notice the car coming in their direction, before she could do anything it all went to black. 'Where is Erika?' 'Is she okay?' She was stirred from her thoughts at the sound of the door opening and watched as a man dressed in a doctor's coat and a nurse walked in. They went silent as they saw her. The nurses eyes went wide and before Monika could say anything she ran out of the room. The doctor rushed over to her and started doing some checkup. After about 15 minutes the nurse came back, she whispered something to the doctor but Monika couldn't hear it. The doctor turned back to her. "Do you remember who you are? Or why you are here?" "I was in a Car accident, I think" Monika stuttered. "How is Erika?" The doctor looked at her in silence before exchanging glances with the nurse. The Doctor leaned forward to her "Do you remember your name?" "I'm Monika. What is with Erika?" "And do you know what year it is?" "It's 20xx. Did something happen to Erika? Is she okay?" "I see" The doctor said before turning to the nurse and telling her something, she nodded and headed out again. "What is with Erika?" Monika (frowned) said in a more aggressive tone. The doctor just looked at her and stood up. "Wait! Tell Me! Please. Just tell me if she is okay." The doctor paid her no mind as he left the room. Monika screamed, she cried and squirmed. She wanted answers. She wanted one answer. 'Why wasn't he answering her?' The commotion lead to a nurse coming in and trying to calm her down. But she wouldn't calm down. Not until she had an answer. Another 30 minutes passed before the doctor came back to her room. She stared at him angrily barely able to make a sound after exhausting her vocal cords too much. The Doctor looked at her with an indiscernible look in his eyes before turning to the nurse at her side. "Has she calmed down yet?" "Yes, she has exhausted herself. It took longer than normal though." "I see, you can leave now." "Yes, doctor" The nurse said before leaving her alone with the doctor. "Marisa, listen to me. Your name is not Monika. You where not in a car accident. You are in a mental hospital, Erika isn't..." "Erika!"

End Note:

Thank you for reading my creative 3 a.m. brain rot.