Part 3

"Well?" Your father asked. "Who's going to start?"

You let out a breath and stood up, making everyone look at you. "I am. I'm sure everybody's aware of what the magazines have been saying the past few days. And I have to say it's the truth. Aiden cheated on me with Claire."

Your father turned his head to look at Aiden, his gaze seeming disappointed."Why would you do that?"

"I- I'm so sorry." He mumbled out."It was a mistake."

Claire nodded. "We were both drunk."

"It won't happen again." Aiden assured him before looking at you."I mean it, Y/N, please. It was just a mistake. Nothing more."

You rolled your eyes, playing with the glass in front of you. Aiden looked at everybody else gathered around the table.

"Can we talk about this alone? Please." He said.

"You're so confident she won't kill you the first chance she gets." Cindy mumbled out.

"Please, Y/N."

You sighed. "Fine. Leave us alone for a few minutes."

"Y/N, I hope you know what you're doing." Your father told you when your gaze met his. "If you need anything, I'll be down the hall."

You nodded.

When the room was emptied, you turned to face Aiden. He walked around the table, towards you and he reached out to take your hand, but you pulled away. "Just say whatever you want to so we can go our own ways." You mumbled out.

"Y/N, I swear I don't have anything with her. It was a mistake. It didn't mean anything. We were simply drunk and together at the same place. It won't happen again."

You were calm the whole time while he basically cried in front of you, begging you to take him back.

"Please. Everything will change. Just give me one more chance."

"I don't know if I can trust you again, Aiden." You said, shaking your head.

"Please. I won't drink anymore. We can get a new place and get married. I- I'm supposed to get a promotion at my job at Stark Industries. Just... please. I won't do this again."

"I don't know." You said. "I don't want to live with you right now. I need to think about where this relationship is going."

He quickly nodded, wiping his tears."Okay. I can take that. Just don't leave me, please."

"You need to leave before my dad turns you into his new boxing bag. I'll think about everything."

As soon as he left, Cindy entered the room, looking disappointed. "Don't tell me you're seriously thinking about getting back together with that cheating-"

"No, I'm not." You interrupted her."We won't be together ever again."

"Then why did you... "

"Why did I make him believe we're going to be together?" You finished the question for her before shrugging."I don't know. But I think it's going to be fun seeing him trying to prove himself to me the next couple of days."

And you were right. Over the following weeks, Aiden had sent you multiple gifts over and over again. He was constantly buying you something. But, you still refused his attempts. Every time he asked you to go out with him, you refused. You didn't want to go over to his apartment, or have him over at your house. You mostly ignored the texts he sent you.

You had no interest in him anymore. Even before he did this, your relationship was hanging on by a thread and both of you knew that. Still, you spent ten years with him. Yes, you mostly had an on/off relationship, but still he somehow appeared as a symbol of stability in your life, especially since your career started. He was just always there. He was mostly supportive of you, but for the last couple of months you had quite a few fights about you constantly being away. But there was no coming back from this, from what he did.