Part 10

After you dried yourself off and put on the clothes Tony got for you, you made your way out of the bathroom and back into the living room, where Tony was now. You found him sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone with one hand, while he held a glass in the other. He didn't look up when you entered. You walked past him and sat down on the couch opposite him.

"You're done." He said when you sat down.

"Yes." You looked down at the clothes you were wearing. Tony's clothes. You pulled the sweatpants up a bit, as they were clearly too big on you. "At least it's not your wife's clothes." You added, making him look up at you.

"Did you say something?" He asked, locking his phone and placing it on the table.

"You must've imagined it." You sent him a fake smile.

"I'm sure. Now, what made you so angry?" He questioned.

"You're married." You said after a moment of silence and he looked at you without any emotion evident on his face.

"And?"

"What do you mean and?! You're married. This should've never happened. You weren't supposed to sleep with me. If I knew you had a wife, trust me, we wouldn't be in this position at all. I would've stopped it before anything could happen. Which reminds me, I did check who you really are and everything else, so why isn't your wife mentioned anywhere? I didn't find anything about her anywhere."

Tony was silent for a couple of moments. Then, he downed his drink and placed the glass on the table before leaning forward. "You couldn't find it because I don't want that kind of information online, where anybody could access it and see it. My private life is my private life, and I want it to remain that way."

"Why? So you can do things you're doing right now? Cheat on her? Have kids with someone else? Does she know you cheated on her? Does she know about the baby? What did you tell her?"

"Stop it." Tony ordered. "You're pregnant and believe me, that's the only thing that's keeping me from punishing you for the things you're saying right now."

"Charming."

"I didn't cheat on her." Tony said.

You let out a laugh. "Right. The baby growing inside of me proves something else."

"We're separated." He said, making you quiet. You listened to what he had to say. "We've been separated for months. The truth is, we filed for a divorce, but we're both working too much and this whole process is stretching out way more than it was supposed to."

"Oh."

"Yes."

"Is there anything else you didn't tell me?" You asked him.

"It's none of your business."

"Excuse me, how is that fair? You know everything about me and my life but I can't know anything about you? We're having a child together, I think it's fair that I know who-"

"Okay! Jesus!" Tony rolled his eyes after interrupting you. "Fucking hell. Before Jocelyn, I had two other divorces."

"Oh. Wow." You blinked, leaning against the couch as you thought about his words, trying to process them. "Can I ask-"

"Didn't work out." Tony replied. "Just like this marriage didn't. It was a mutual agreement between me and Jocelyn after we had some problems. After our divorce is finalized, I'm done."

"Done?"

"With marriage. It's not something I'm willing to let myself get into again. It's not worth it."