Chapter 3. Curiosity...

**L's P.O.V**
Yagami Light...
I couldn't stop the warmth that spread to my being at sound of his name...His intelligent aura made him an equal opponent and someone I can finally relate to...A smile made it's self known for the first time in years...Light...Do you feel the similar strings of fate...?
"Light-kun...Would you like to accompany me to the cafeteria...? I hear they have sweets..." I beamed at the thought of the different varieties of cakes and candies until I realized the other boy had yet to respond "Light-kun...?" The caramel eyes looked guarded with a mixture of sadness as he looked at the ground....Does he not like sweets..? "I-I would love to go with you Ryuzaki b-but I...I forgot my lunch money...So you should go on without me" he smiled politely however, I could see past the mask due to my own experiences of placing these false reassurances... "...Don't worry Light-kun, I will pay, you can repay me later..." I chuckled as I turned to lead him to the cafeteria, however, he had yet to follow as he gazed at me with suprise "N-No...! I-I couldn't let you do that....I'll be fine..." he smiled convincingly at me as I sighed with reluctantance "Very well...but I will still make sure Light-kun eats..." I smiled as I saw the blush that spread upon his face at the sound of his stomach growling...He immediately crossed his arms over his chest and nodded stiffly.
****
The cafeteria was in quite an uproar due to the numerous teenagers and groups yet we could both care less as I eagerly purchased myself sweets and a sandwich Light-kun had been looking at silently when he believed I wasn't looking...Why must he starve himself so...? Light blushed deeply with embarrassment as I handed him his lunch while I began to eat my sweets with a small smile "Thanks Ryuzaki...." I nodded in acknowledgement "It's quite alright Light-kun...Your welcome" he smiled as we ate silently, enjoying the others presence until I asked him interestingly "Does Light-kun live by the school...?" If I hadn't had experience with being observent than most...I probably wouldn't have noticed his shoulders stiffen as he softly replied "Yes...Do you happen to live nearby as well...?" he smiled as he took a bite of his lunch slowly. I nodded while I dismissed the question...I would rather not think of home... "Hm...So what is it that Light-kun wishes to be when he is older...?" I leaned in curiously as he looked at me with suprise "...I want to be...A detective or maybe part of the police force...." he smiled fondly as if remembering something of great thought, it was amusing. "I'm glad Light-kun and I have similar interests in law....Would your parents perhaps play a role in this...?" His eyes narrowed dangerously as his mouth formed a thin line "Yes....They did...." he laid his food against the table without another word...The rest of our lunch was in silence as I pondered what I had said...What was it about his parents that made him angry...?