Pilot

Pilot - Gilbert Residence

Elaina was currently in her room, drawing in her sketch pad, she always drew in when her parents was alive, and her mom would always hang up her sketches around the house, but now that she died, she drew more and more it didn't matter what, while drawing she was also reciting what Elena told her over and over again.

I'm fine, thank you and Yes, I feel much better. Elena made Elaina recite it last night over and over again in case someone at school asked, the truth is neither of the twins or Jeremy was fine.

Elena's way of grieving is writing in her diary, Elaina's way of grieving was drawing in her sketch pad, Jeremy's way of grieving was doing drugs and sleeping with Vicki, while Elena had a problem, Elaina didn't because she wanted Jeremy to grieve after all everyone had a different way of grieving.

Elaina got up and walked to her vanity where she put her sketch pad in her backpack and then looked at herself in the mirror, she took a deep breath and played with her curly brown hair, Elena had long straight hair while Elaina had curly hair they were carbon copies of each other which Elaina hated, the only things that told them apart was their hair and also Elaina has a beauty mark under her left eye. Their mom always did their hair in a different way.

"Laina? Bonnie's on her way." Elaina heard Elena's voice, as Elena peeked in Elaina's room. Elaina nodded her head and Elena left out her room after giving her a small smile.

Elaina grabbed her backpack and looked at herself one more time before leaving out her room and descending downstairs, she threw her bag on the counter, as Elena was by the coffee mug pouring her some in a glass. "Toast? I can make toast?" Jenna asked as she looked into the refrigerator while tapping her fingers on the door, before she turned and looked at the twins.

"It's all about the coffee Aunt Jenna." Elena said as she gave the one she made for herself to Elaina with a smile, Elaina smiled and mouthed a 'thank you' as she took the glass. "Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked as he came down and took Elaina's cup as she turned around.

Elaina threw her hands up in annoyance and turned back around to Elena who was pouring another one, Elaina pouted her lips while looking at Elena, truth is she didn't feel like making one, she knew Elena would give in to her pout so she did and guess what Elena sure did give in which made Elaina smile and turned around to the counter and sat on it as she drunk her coffee.

"Your first day of school, and I'm totally unprepared." Jenna said as she scurried to her purse, Elaina watched her as she dug through her purse, grabbing some money and walking towards the siblings, she held out her hand. "Lunch money?" Jenna breathed out and Elaina shook her head, while drinking her coffee.

"I'm okay." Elena said as she poured herself another cup of coffee while shaking her head, Jeremy looked in between the twins and took the money.

Jenna turned back around going back to her purse. "Anything else? A number 2 pencil? What am I missing?" She asked as she looked back at them.

Elaina furrowed her eyebrows and sat her coffee cup down. "Don't you have a big presentation today?" Elaina asked looking at her as Elena leaned on the counter next to Jeremy.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at..." Jenna trailed off looking at her watch on her wrist. "Now." Jenna said taking down her hair from the ponytail it was in. "Crap." She said.

"Then go, we'll be fine." Elena said, Aunt Jenna smiled at them one last time before hurrying out the house.

Elena hit Elaina thigh giving her a stern look, to get off the counter, Elaina rolled her eyes and got off the counter and put her cup in the sink, Elena turned to Jeremy with a sympathetic look. "You okay?" Elena asked, as Elaina came and stood by her.