Chapter 4

Lestav felt a mixture of emotions bubbling up within him, the main ones that he could put a name on was anger, surprise, and confusion. The familiar voice of the angel that had decided to stick onto him like a leech rang out like a bell in his head. Shutting off the water, Lestav quickly whipped his body and head around, no time to stand face to face with the angel. It was a blur of black and white as Lestav roughly pushed the angel back toward the pale bathroom stalls. The angel, taken off guard, made it easy for the angel to get pushed around, with the addition of its long brittle legs, it fell back without much of an effort. It tripped back, the crisp sound of porcelain clanking together rang out through the cramped stall as Isradriel attempted to steady itself against the toilet bowl, but it didn't get to do much as Lestav pulled Isradriel down to his level, using the crack just below its neck like the man had done at their first interaction. The angel stared up in shock and disbelief at Lestav, the man returning the look with a furious expression.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Lestav hissed through gritted teeth. The way he spoke made it clear to Isradriel that Lestav was angry, but the way the man kept his tone down and his eyes darted around looking like a paranoid puppy hinted to Isra that the man was uncomfortable, or trying to hide? Either one was a reasonable answer, but what puzzled Isradriel was why? Lestav before in other places had been much more vocal and far less alert, what was different now?

“You agreed to let me help you. It would only make sense if I were by your side. No?”

“No, I mean here. We are in an airport. You can't be walking around looking like…” Lestav paused, blinking and looking up and down at Isradriel, an irked look crossing his face. “That… We’re in a public place, I may be indifferent but you’re going to make people freak out if you walk around looking like that.” While Lestav kept his voice low, as if the two were talking in secret, Isradriel did not understand that social queue and spoke in its regular tone.

“Angels have human forms. You know that right? Would you like me to use that?”

“Yes! If you were smart you should’ve done that before you even came here! Get on with it.” He let the angel go, crossing his arm as he leaned back into the corner of the stall, now trying to get as much space between him and the angel as he glared at Isradriel as it changed its form.

A small blue light sparked from Isradriel’s feet, the blue light climbing up its legs and body like a wall of creeping vines. The light filled the stall with a dim glow of ethereal light. The doll-like form of the angel was molded away, slowly being replaced by the form of a human. It took the shape of a tall male with a pale complexion and long, messy, blonde hair. It was short in the front but long in the back, like a messy shag mullet, but more sophisticated. His face was perfect, a strong jawline, high cheekbones and crystal blue eyes. A small, black, cross was tattooed on his prominent Adam's apple to accompany his flashy looks. The only flaws to its looks were the two black scars that ran horizontally under his eyes. The second flaw was his right eye, it was… deformed so to say. The pupil looked like it was circled by a compass, and the iris jutted out like two mountain peaks into the sclera in the lower left area of the iris.

He was dressed lavishly, his choice of clothing being no different from how he saw his status as an angel from the heavens. He wore a pristine white suit, adorned by golden buttons and a black tie. The inner lining of the suit was decorated with a black silk with faint lavish, flowery, patterns. His belt and boots were made of expensive black leather, the belt was topped with a shiny golden buckle while the boots were polished to perfection. Not part of the outfit, but to finish the look, Isradriel materialized into his hand a burnish black cane with a gilded handle, shaped into a pair of fluffy wings. Isradriel looked down uncomfortably at his human form, adjusting the neck tie as if it were too tight, like he was suffocating.