𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑺𝒊𝒙

Many moons after returning from Winterfell,

The absence of Alicent and Helaena was taking a toll on Vaelys. Following Otto's suggestion, Aemond had appointment Cregan Stark, Hand of the King, and for the time being, Cregan, Helaena, Alicent, Aegon and their children now resided in the Red Keep.

However, Aegon was given strict orders if he wished to stay in King's Landing, he was forbidden from speaking to the Queen. Shella was on constant guard around the former King, always on high alert in case he got too close again.

"If you ever tell my wife you love her again, I'll have no choice but to kill you".

Aemond wasn't surprised to hear Vaelys was with child again, five moons along and Maester Orwyle was certain she was carrying twins.

"Twins!", Alicent exclaims, feeding Aelyx from her plate, they were all gathered in the dining hall for supper, when Aemond announced the good news. Vaelys giggles at her reaction, "she's fairing the same as Halaena did", Aemond says, a fond smile on his face as his hand proudly rubs her swollen belly.

Chatter and laughter fill the hall as Aegon stares blankly at his plate, absentmindedly pushing his food around. Oh how he wished he'd never kissed her that night, never confessed to her, never loved her.

"Aegon?", Helaena questions his behaviour, he hums at her voice, tears filling his eyes, "Are you okay?", he hastily wipes his tears, "I'm fine", he sniffs, "come for a walk with me?", she asks, her eyes filled with pity.

"N-no I think I'm just gonna go to bed", he says, standing up from the table, "if you'll excuse me", he says, turning to leave , ignoring the concerned looks.

"What's wrong with him?", Cregan questions his wife, "he's heartbroken", Cregan shakes his head, "does he ever get over her?", Helaena chuckles softly at his words, "I'm not a psychic, husband", his cheek redden, "but from what I've seen...no...he never does".

┈┈┈˃̶༒˂̶┈┈┈

"Did you see him tonight?", Aemond says, pulling the blanket back to get into bed, Vaelys hums, already knowing who he was referring to, "he looked dreadful", he lays beside her, their faces inches apart, "i feel awful", he sighs, Vaelys runs her hand through his hair, Aemond leans into her touch.

"I miss him", he admits quietly, Vaelys pouts at his words, "I miss him too", she whispers, Aemond sighs pulling her into his chest, "tomorrow...I'll have to speak with him", he whispers, running his hand through her hair.

"I think I'm being too harsh on him, what do you think?", he glances down at her face to see her reaction, but she was fast asleep.

Vaelys couldn't make sense of anything, the storm was raging, deafening lightning strikes lit the hall, "He's coming", the wind whispered, "He's coming back", the lighting, strikes louder, "Run, he's coming!" Vaelys screams, covering her ears, "he's coming!", looking up, her lungs seize at the sight, at the end of the hall stood-