CHAPTER 6: THE INVITATION🌸

Anaya stood in front of the mirror, her reflection staring back at her with a mixture of anxiety and curiosity. She was dressed in a golden saree, the fabric clinging to her figure in all the right ways, with delicate embroidery that shimmered in the light. The blouse was backless, and though she had initially felt exposed, she had to admit it gave her a sense of elegance and allure that she hadn't felt in a long time. The full sleeves provided balance, and the golden hue of the outfit complemented her dusky complexion.

She adjusted the pleats of her saree, taking a deep breath as the realization hit her—she was about to attend a party hosted by Raghav at his estate. Just a few months ago, the idea of attending any social event, let alone one where Raghav would be the center of attention, would have terrified her. But now, after their lingering glances, meaningful conversations, and the kiss that had left her breathless, she felt an unspoken connection pulling her toward him.Yet, there was still hesitation. Stepping out of her comfort zone meant exposing herself to more than just Raghav's affections—it meant exposing herself to her own fears and vulnerabilities. Could she handle it?

The doorbell rang, pulling her out of her thoughts. Her heart raced as she grabbed her small golden clutch and made her way to the door. When she opened it, Raghav was standing there, dressed in a sharp black suit. His eyes immediately locked onto her, and for a moment, neither of them spoke.

Raghav's gaze traveled over her, lingering on her exposed back, the smooth curve of her waist accentuated by the saree. His expression darkened with admiration and something else—something possessive.

"You look... breathtaking," he finally said, his voice low, his eyes never leaving hers.

Anaya felt a flush creep up her neck, and she shifted under his intense gaze. "Thank you," she murmured, feeling shy under the weight of his attention.

Raghav took a step closer, his hand reaching out to gently brush a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm not sure I'll be able to take my eyes off you tonight," he said, his voice rough with desire.

Anaya's breath caught in her throat as his fingers lingered against her skin. She could feel the warmth of his touch, the way his proximity made her heart race, and she knew this evening was going to be anything but ordinary.

---

Raghav's estate was an imposing yet beautiful structure, lit up by soft, golden lights that gave the entire place a warm, inviting glow. The party was in full swing when they arrived, with people milling about, chatting and laughing as soft music played in the background. As they stepped into the grand foyer, Anaya felt the weight of the evening settle on her shoulders. She wasn't used to being in such large, sophisticated gatherings anymore, but Raghav's presence beside her grounded her.

Raghav kept a protective hand on the small of her back as they walked in, guiding her gently through the crowd. His touch was possessive but not overbearing, and Anaya found comfort in it. The subtle pressure of his hand made her feel like she belonged there—like she was exactly where she needed to be.

As they moved through the party, Raghav introduced her to his close circle of friends. First was Riya, his loyal assistant, a sharp and efficient woman with an easy smile. "It's so nice to finally meet you, Anaya," Riya said warmly, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.