Not for a second

As I finish up my classes, I decided not to bother even going up to my common room. I know I have detention in 20 minutes and I decide that I probably shouldn't be late.

            As I'm making my way towards the dungeons, I make a mental note to myself to make time and see George. I miss him and his jokes and I know I have a lot going on, but I also need to keep acting like nothings bothering me, and that's getting a bit hard lately.

       I know my dad said not to reach out but the curiosity is killing me, and I feel like I deserve answers.
           I feel like I could trust my friends, but I'm scared. I don't want to admit that to them.
     I Keep walking until I feel a hand over my mouth and someone pulling me into a cleaning closet.

     I try ro scream and kick but they are definitely stronger than me.

"For fuck sake relax"

Malfoy.

I turned around fast facing him a little too close. He pull away first and blushed. He smelled a lot like mint, and it definitely smelled good.

"what the hell do you want."

"I wanna know what's going on with you."

"What do you mean?! I don't even have time for this."
I mutter out as I'm trying to grab the doorhandle.
He put his arm out, blocking the door, lifting my chin up to face him.

" I mean, I noticed that you've been acting distant with your friends, so I'm asking you what's going on"

I freeze to his touch, not sure what to say as. I stare at him making eye contact.
As he takes his hand off me, I'm back to reality.

        I feel my face getting red with a mixture  of embarrassment and anger.
     "No. You don't get to do this..... this  hot and cold shit.
" I know what you said about me in the library Malfoy, don't act like you care about me now"

            He stiffens with an expression I can't quite read. " I didn't mean it."
         "Then why did you say it!"
     My voice betrays me breaking in the slightest bit.

        "I'm not supposed to like you Hazel!!!!" He blurted out.
    "You are best friends with my least favorite person. Saint fucking Potter! You're other best friend is a freaking Weasley for God sakes and your shagging it with one of them to make matters worse, and your third best friend is a mud blood!!"

" don't call her that." I say quietly.

"And me and George... well he hasn't even kissed me properly yet"

He stares at me for a second, smirking a little before continuing with his rant, a little less angry this time.

        "See, we're not suppose to get along Blake." He continues .....
       "But I can't help it. I've never cared about anybody besides myself. This is new to me, and I'm not sure if I like it."

   "Malfoy!!!this is new to me to. I've never been friends with someone who disrespects my friends as much as you do, or publicly humiliates me!! but for some fucking reason.. I care about you too and maybe we can be friends and just keep this between us for now?? We're making this more complicated than needs to be and maybe it'll be a little bit easier if we keep it between us"

         What am I even saying
I think to myself

Malfoy is a bully. To me and to everyone and that's it.
  Before I could take it back, he agrees.
"this friendship stay between us?" "Deal"