Ch 29 - 30

Chapter 29: When a Beauty Trips, She Still Looks Good!

What should she do?

She could smell the fragrance of the meat buns wafting over and instantly felt her empty stomach rumble. But there was a manly man sitting in front of her. If she used her hands, wouldn’t that be a bit inappropriate?

Plus the person in front of her was the prince, the person who would brainstorm all sorts of reasons to kill her in the future. If she didn’t eat it now, he would probably think she assumed he had put poison in them. Then...

Just thinking about what would follow was enough to scare her to death. If she had to choose between dying now or dying in the future, she would ultimately choose the latter. Perhaps she could then avoid death altogether.

Bai Xiangxiu gritted her teeth and reached out for a meat bun, taking a decisive bite. Actually, Long Heng had been about to command Shu-er to find utensils. In all honesty, Shu-er had been about to get the utensils even without the order. But before either of them could do anything, they noticed Mistress Xiu bravely grabbing a meat bun and stuffing it into her mouth.

Shu’er’s jaw nearly dropped. As for Xiao Shi, she fell to her knees and didn’t dare to get up. Bai Xiangxiu was honestly afraid the first time she took a bite. But she tasted the stuffing the moment she bit into it. The meat from ancient times was totally different from how folks prepared it in modern times. This had never occurred to her in the past, but the stuffing she’d had back then tasted nothing like what she was eating now.

In modern times, the meat buns were somehow heavily processed. They were soft, watery, and didn’t have much of the taste of meat to it, and actually tasted like chemicals. Who knew what they had done to it? But in the ancient times, stuffed buns were different. The stuffing was purely pork meat. There were nothing added to it. The bun was made from natural flour as well, and there wasn’t any taste to it. When she bit into it, only a heavenly smell wafted out.

Her bruised chest had tortured her for the entire day. She had already been hungry for quite a while now. Plus, she hadn’t eaten much last night. How could a small, growing girl like herself handle this? After she devoured one, she quickly devoured a second, and then a third...

Since she had eaten one or two already, eating a few more wouldn’t matter! Firmly convincing herself, she bravely devoured all five meat buns.

The three watching her stood there in awe. Five big meat buns! How did she manage to eat so much? Although they weren’t that big, for a lady, that was an enormous quantity. Although Long Heng specialized in glacial, emotionless expressions, he was quite adept at making up reasons in his mind. He thought a woman her size would naturally never eat this much. It must be because he had ordered the buns, so she had given him face and savagely eaten them all. She must be stuffed!

He looked at her astonished expression and wanted to laugh. He said, “Let’s go.”

“Go?” Go where? But she didn’t dare to ask. She wiped her hands and followed along.

“Medication.” Long Heng frowned. Obviously, you must take your medication after you eat.

“Oh.” Bai Xiangxiu walked over with great flair and downed the entire bowl of medication like tossing back a shot. She then used a handkerchief to wipe her mouth as she looked down docilely. That action meant, we can leave now.

Long Heng wanted to take her for a walk to digest the food. But when they were walking out, he noticed she was walking extremely slowly. It was then he realized that she was still injured. So he ordered Xiao Shi, “Hold onto your mistress. Make sure she doesn’t fall.”